New T6.1 - what's the differences between a T28 and a T30?

Zagora

T6 Pro
I'm considering changing my 2018 T30 swb 150DSG Kombi Edition for a new T6.1, cant believe how much it's still worth after nearly four years and 46,000 miles!

Looking on the VW configurator the price difference between a new T6.1 T28 and a T30 is about £600. I understand the T30 is built to carry an extra 0.2 tonne so will have stronger springs but surely there are other differences to justify the extra cost.
What else is different?
The other question is do the drive differently? Will a T30 sit higher than a T28?
I'm looking at a 150DSG swb van, not a kombi.
thanks

Yep, just springs. Dealer told me that when I was sizing up options to buy mine. So shouldn’t drive differently to a T28.

I agree with the other replies but I'd add that the T30 might hold its value slightly better if that's a consideration.

It seems to be a rip off then as I thought. So the T30 springs cost £600 more than a set of T28 springs!!

Good point DaveD about a T30 holding its value better :)

It seems to be a rip off then as I thought. So the T30 springs cost £600 more than a set of T28 springs!!

Good point DaveD about a T30 holding its value better :)
Basically, you’re paying for the uprated “plate” and an ability to carry a bit more weight.

Depends what you’re going to be doing with the van at the end of the day. If you’re thinking of going full conversion (some of which weigh in heavier than others - depends on materials used and style of fit), and will also be carting around kids and their stuff regularly on holidays, you might need the extra weight rating.

Hi all, we are new to the forum but have happily been scrolling through while we prepare to purchase our van. Our biggest stumbling black at the moment is whether we need a T30, or would a T28 do. We are planning a basic conversion (bed and cupboard) with camping stove for cooking. No gas, leccy etc. But we are planning to have a hightop fitted. Two of us, plus one dog....Will a T28 be OK? A kombi T30 is hard to find and prices rocket. We can afford a higher spec panel van and have windows installed (that are less likely to leak) but most panels are T28. T30s are mostly LWB. Argh it's a minefield! I understand the 200kg extra weight and springs are the only difference, but its hard to guess how much weight we need. Just looking for your thoughts. Please be kind

Hi all, we are new to the forum but have happily been scrolling through while we prepare to purchase our van. Our biggest stumbling black at the moment is whether we need a T30, or would a T28 do. We are planning a basic conversion (bed and cupboard) with camping stove for cooking. No gas, leccy etc. But we are planning to have a hightop fitted. Two of us, plus one dog....Will a T28 be OK? A kombi T30 is hard to find and prices rocket. We can afford a higher spec panel van and have windows installed (that are less likely to leak) but most panels are T28. T30s are mostly LWB. Argh it's a minefield! I understand the 200kg extra weight and springs are the only difference, but its hard to guess how much weight we need. Just looking for your thoughts. Please be kind
Welcome to the forum!
You are wise to do your research before jumping in with both feet.
In my opinion, whilst a T30 would be ideal for you, a T28 shouldn't be ruled out.
There are a lot of forum members who successfully use T28's as the base for a camper conversion.
Have a read of some of these threads;
Good luck with your search for the right van, let us know how you get on.

Back