New Key - How To Code???

RichDavies82

VIP Member
T6 Guru
4CF2EBB5-DB85-4584-93F1-8D9CBC58894C.jpeg

Evening all. I received my 2nd key from Camper King today, and it seams that they’ve had to order me a new one from VW. Now, it unlocks the doors manually and starts the van (after the third try) but the buttons won’t lock/unlock the van. The MFD shows the above message.

Unfortunately, I’m still waiting for the manual and service book as they seem to have misplaced it, so I can’t look in there!

Any help would be appreciated.

sound like the key needs adding to the van (programming)

Dealer job unless you have the tech to do it?

"NO KEY" means the van cant see the transponder chip in the key . . . .

when it started the third time . . . . did you have the first key nearby?

Spare Keys

sound like the key needs adding to the van (programming)

Dealer job unless you have the tech to do it?

"NO KEY" means the van cant see the transponder chip in the key . . . .

when it started the third time . . . . did you have the first key nearby?

Spare Keys

It started then died the first two times but started the third.

Here’s the odd bit - it seems to start with the new key but the windows don’t work? I think I’ll give VW a call tomorrow to have a look. Any idea how much it costs? Also, can this be done with VCDS?

Key adapting, with vcds you change an adaptation channel on the bcu and then press the button on each remote.
There is a how to on Ross-Tech.

hi every one I recently bought a t6 but came with only one key that im not to happy about after phonneing main dealer getting a quote of about 250 pounds so a friend of a friend said he could do me one for 130 so I thought id go for it 40 minute drive to find he cant do it but he said he ad done 15 plate one mines a 18 plate so drove back home to find wen I pressed the remote to lock the van to find it was doing nothing at all so I locked it by the key I phoned the chap back he said try a new battery if it don't work come back to me put new batt in still don't work iv not bothered getting back to him thought id try get it done myself he tried is best .so im looking for some advice on getting it sorted plus a spare key so any help would be appreciated .thanks for looking

You need VCDS, a decent scan tool or the vw dealer to add and delete keys.

As it's part of the security system you cant do it without the above.

The cheaper keys are normally cloans,

You can have the key blade cut yourself but need the tech to add the RF remote and rf immobiliser part.

Last edited:
hi and thank you not in no rush as long as I don't lose my only key in mean time thanks again

Back