Central Locking issue - Solved

temeraire

VIP Member
Hello, new member here. This is not the first post I intended...

I seem to have broken my central locking/alarm. I ran a cable behind the glove box this afternoon and suspect I may have dislodged something? Is that likely?

If I press the key fob to lock or unlock then the indicators flash as usual but the locks don't activate. I can lock everything manually.

If I use the key to enter the van without pressing unlock on the fob then the hazards flash as though the alarm has been triggered but there is no alarm siren.

When everything is locked and the alarm armed from the fob the door led flashes periodically to show the alarm is set.

2018 LWB kombi with comfort dash

I need to stop doing stuff myself. I have a habit of successfully fixing what I set out to do but ALWAYS seem to break something else in the process. :oops:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CAB
Hello, new member here. This is not the first post I intended...

I seem to have broken my central locking/alarm. I ran a cable behind the glove box this afternoon and suspect I may have dislodged something? Is that likely?

If I press the key fob to lock or unlock then the indicators flash as usual but the locks don't activate. I can lock everything manually.

If I use the key to enter the van without pressing unlock on the fob then the hazards flash as though the alarm has been triggered but there is no alarm siren.

When everything is locked and the alarm armed from the fob the door led flashes periodically to show the alarm is set.

2018 LWB kombi with comfort dash

I need to stop doing stuff myself. I have a habit of successfully fixing what I set out to do but ALWAYS seem to break something else in the process. :oops:
So turns out when I was checking fuses I put the SC44 fuse back in the wrong slot (SC45). :whistle:

Back