New Cali Ocean. First Things To Buy?

mrsteve

Morning all,

today we're picking up our new Cali Ocean, after months (maybe years) of pondering motorhomes, campers and all the various options.
Like most people, we've blown the original budget so money is tight for a while. Aside from some Gas, what's the first things we should stick on our Christmas list?

Also, buying the Cali has prompted me to sign up here, but I've been lurking for a while doing research so thanks very much to everyone who's posted such a wealth of helpful info. It seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly forum.

Steve

Side awning and comfort mattress from comfortz leisure , would be my first purchase. Then a bottle of bubbly for the fridge ❤️

Welcome, very exciting day! Not a Cali owner myself but I gather a mattress topper is essential and I can also recommend a Ridgemonkey pan and subscribing to ABusandBeyond YouTube channel, they’re Cali owners (and members on here) with loads of helpful tips, ideas and reviews.
Enjoy your day and be warned that you have just held out your credit card for all of us to spend on your van for you :D

Thanks, yes given that middle age looms large a mattress topper and a pan seems like ideal first investments :) Top advice, I'll get on Youtube.

Yes Phil, not a bad shout! I got about half a tank thrown in from Lookers in Carlisle but we're not going to get very far on that.

Assuming you’ve got the essentials like electric hook up cable and levelling ramps I’d be adding a Cadac next. Use ours all the time. I find a ‘nice to have’ are packing cubes for my clothes (see Amazon for range). Enjoy.

Yes Phil, not a bad shout! I got about half a tank thrown in from Lookers in Carlisle but we're not going to get very far on that.

Bought my van from Lookers in Carlisle too, should you have any problems the service manager Iain knows his onions. Enjoy your Cali :thumbsup:

Welcome =)

First purchase has to be a decent Detailing kit and a Green Magic tree air freshener.

Welcome aboard Steve, this is a great forum, really nice people all willing to share.
My lad always replies 'a spade' to the question of 'what to buy first'. To dig a big hole, to throw your money into :)
Steadily adding bits and bobs is all part of the fun so take your time or the van will be full before Christmas!
I'd go with Andy's 'Ridgemonkey' suggestion though if you like toasted sarnies, so easy and dee-lish :thumbsup:
Cheers
Phil

Exciting times.
The bare living essentials, then go away in it for a couple of nights and see what you need. Also consider what space you have and what you want to put in it, a lot of my buying of things involves a tape measure. It is very easy to go and blow a huge wedge on stuff that just sits in a cupboard.
However I can recommend a ridgemonkey pan.
Happy Camping

... a good intention, instead of buying useless things, would be to sell Cali at a higher price ... to those who have been waiting for it for months ... and to save a lot of future problems ..., hahaha ... obviously and ' a joke...

If its a keeper, maybe your first £320 should go on an extended warranty Steve, peace of mind for 5 years. You only have 3 months to do it though!

Back