My Shuttle Conversion

Sounds similar to what I plan to do. I have ordered a Smartbed Evo rail so the kids can sit closer to us when driving (it's LWB so bikes would then fit in lengthwise) but they did complain of being cold in one we rented, so I want to keep the aux heater and run some ducting somewhere. Furniture will be bespoked to fit, although I will still have a tall unit that hides the rear offside window. Seems obvious to keep the tailgate trim but sliding door will depend on how it looks once the rest is carpeted. Converter chap reckons it might look odd.
Got to get round to doing the sliding door, but this is how the rear side panel and pillar trims look with 4 way stretch carpet.

20181009_121745.jpg

@Rhysdon, @St4n99 had his bespokely made by a conversion company. After a lot of research if your keeping the shuttle trim in play you have to really. And to be fair even if your not keeping the trim then you probably need something bespoke/tweeked to hide/accommodate the HVAC. If it helps I've made the decision today that all my panels are coming out apart from the sliding door and tailgate cards. Then it's a rib 3 seater (129cm) in the back with a single removable middle row behind the passenger seat. The question is do I then go full length bespoke furniture down one side or build a removeable pod. I'm going to be towing a caravan so probably don't need loads of storage space in the Van but it all boils down to your individual requirements and how your decisions affect a resail.... decisions decisions
who made your units for you @St4n99?

Sounds similar to what I plan to do. I have ordered a Smartbed Evo rail so the kids can sit closer to us when driving (it's LWB so bikes would then fit in lengthwise) but they did complain of being cold in one we rented, so I want to keep the aux heater and run some ducting somewhere. Furniture will be bespoked to fit, although I will still have a tall unit that hides the rear offside window. Seems obvious to keep the tailgate trim but sliding door will depend on how it looks once the rest is carpeted. Converter chap reckons it might look odd.
yeah I was determined to keep the bikes in van while sleeping as one of them is quite nickable.

lovely worktop that. Where'd you find it? You cut the units around the trim did you? Trim doesn't restrict space too much?
The units are an Evo design kit. The worktop can be ordered from them. Its bamboo that I got my local spray shop to laquar for me. The rear left panel has had the armrest part cut out and a piece of square ply used to block the hole. This was needed in order for the Smart bed to clear as it slides back and forth.

20180406_095839.jpg

20180812_134112.jpg

20191206_150654.jpg

who made your units for you @St4n99?
I took my van to a conversion place called Adventure Campers in a small town called Holytown, Scotland .took a bit longer to make because was built from scratch instead of a kit but was worth the wait

I kept side door panels and tailgate trim, ripped the rest out, the fluid pipe's for heater will need looped under the floor if you decide to remove heater/ac unit, i have some photo's of stuff I have done so far, I have boarded, carpeted and stuck a recon rib bed in, I'm kinda doing it the same as I done my T4 Caravelle
Hello do you have a link for photo's of how to loop the heater pipes, any info appreciated

Hello do you have a link for photo's of how to loop the heater pipes, any info appreciated
sorry m8, I dont have any pictures, mechanic done it, you need a bit of hose with a good bend on it, on the drivers side there is metal pipes just a foot or so past the drivers door toward the rear, you use the hose to loop the pipes together, the rear aircon is pretty easy to disconnect also, I removed mine and just kept the aircon in the cab area, let me know if you need anymore info.

I kept side door panels and tailgate trim, ripped the rest out, the fluid pipe's for heater will need looped under the floor if you decide to remove heater/ac unit, i have some photo's of stuff I have done so far, I have boarded, carpeted and stuck a recon rib bed in, I'm kinda doing it the same as I done my T4 Caravelle
@Doulsy did you run into any issues carpeting frames where they meet the windows? I've seen some comments suggesting that can be problematic. Didn't really understand why!

Last edited:
@Doulsy did you run into any issues carpeting frames where they meet the windows? I've seen some comments suggesting that can be problematic. Didn't really understand why!
Only had a problem round quarter panel window, basicly trying to get a neet finish round the window.

Only had a problem round quarter panel window, basicly trying to get a neet finish round the window.
I threw my old roof lining out yesterday, then this morning I saw your solution that uses a strip of it to join ply roof with cab. Doh!

Back