My Shuttle Conversion

Yes, that is my concern too. The Shuttle I'm getting doesn't have aircon in the rear, but does have all the passenger heater and blowers. What is the unit to the right just inside the back door? Is that aircon unit? Or heater blower as well?
I'm tempted just to pull it all out and ply and carpet/headliner it as I would a kombi. Hard to know when I haven't picked it up yet, but that stripped pic above is very helpful.

@L3hm4nn In a few weeks I might be very interested in two of those floor mountings (the spares), and a couple of load lashings if you are getting rid...

Yes, that is my concern too. The Shuttle I'm getting doesn't have aircon in the rear, but does have all the passenger heater and blowers. What is the unit to the right just inside the back door? Is that aircon unit? Or heater blower as well?
I'm tempted just to pull it all out and ply and carpet/headliner it as I would a kombi. Hard to know when I haven't picked it up yet, but that stripped pic above is very helpful.

@L3hm4nn In a few weeks I might be very interested in two of those floor mountings (the spares), and a couple of load lashings if you are getting rid...
Dont know about the unit, always wondered my self, I can see it through the side molding plastic grill.

Heater box.
3DBFF65C-8BFD-40E9-8EFE-2C608CAA2B99.jpeg
Vents going to roof.
9B4E1FA3-C9C5-4216-BBDF-B4046DE195A3.jpeg
Vents on rear quarter trim panel.
C77642E5-A8DB-4F12-92C6-62BE5A52DE28.jpeg
I plan on running air vents to the rear of the headlining and a vent in the furniture.

Aircon pipes going to heater box and fan.
A1C35B81-65AE-491D-A028-B8220D350221.jpeg

I have boarded and carpeted my shuttle, removed heaters and aircon ect, anyone need any info or pictures let me know.
Yes, very interested. Do you have a link?
I'm particularly interested in if you put a single skin roof in like a Kombi and how it finished to the cab headliner, or have you gone pop top?
The back should all be easy as it is still just a van under all the trim.
Thanks

Yes, very interested. Do you have a link?
I'm particularly interested in if you put a single skin roof in like a Kombi and how it finished to the cab headliner, or have you gone pop top?
The back should all be easy as it is still just a van under all the trim.
Thanks
i cut the end of original roof lining where it meets the cab, just done it the other day, worked out well, would have been better if i glued it but i want to remove cab head liner in the future. i will get a picture

Heater box.
View attachment 84743
Vents going to roof.
View attachment 84744
View attachment 84745
I plan on running air vents to the rear of the headlining and a vent in the furniture.

View attachment 84748
Wow, these pictures are very helpful. I’ve been diy
Heater box.
View attachment 84743
Vents going to roof.
View attachment 84744
View attachment 84745

View attachment 84748
WOW these are really helpful pictures, Thanks!! I’ve been dying to have a look behind the rear quarter trim. Maybe a silly question but does the aircon pipe run all the way through to the engine?

Wow, these pictures are very helpful. I’ve been diy

WOW these are really helpful pictures, Thanks!! I’ve been dying to have a look behind the rear quarter trim. Maybe a silly question but does the aircon pipe run all the way through to the engine?
yes

So that could be basically left alone to supply cold air and then just reposition the heating vents somewhere in the furniture?

I have boarded and carpeted my shuttle, removed heaters and aircon ect, anyone need any info or pictures let me know.
Just bought a Shuttle and now planning my conversion. Take it you stripped out all the plastic trim? Did you not want to keep it, to save you carpeting?

And the heater/air con you removed...am I right in thinking that this system only brings heat/air to the rear while driving? Were you not tempted to keep it? Pics of your set up would be massively helpful if not too much trouble, thanks.

Just bought a Shuttle and now planning my conversion. Take it you stripped out all the plastic trim? Did you not want to keep it, to save you carpeting?

And the heater/air con you removed...am I right in thinking that this system only brings heat/air to the rear while driving? Were you not tempted to keep it? Pics of your set up would be massively helpful if not too much trouble, thanks.
I kept side door panels and tailgate trim, ripped the rest out, the fluid pipe's for heater will need looped under the floor if you decide to remove heater/ac unit, i have some photo's of stuff I have done so far, I have boarded, carpeted and stuck a recon rib bed in, I'm kinda doing it the same as I done my T4 Caravelle

I kept side door panels and tailgate trim, ripped the rest out, the fluid pipe's for heater will need looped under the floor if you decide to remove heater/ac unit, i have some photo's of stuff I have done so far, I have boarded, carpeted and stuck a recon rib bed in, I'm kinda doing it the same as I done my T4 Caravelle
did you keep the original rubber flooring?

Hi Doulsy; been following this thread with interest; I'm about to start stripping out my T6 lwb Shuttle for conversion. Like you, I think I'll keep the sliding door/tailgate panels and carpet them, but I'm going to leave the HVAC unit in and reposition the vents away from the ceiling. Please can you post some photos of how you finished the roof against the cab roof? Also, how did you get on mating the ceiling to the sides of the bus? As the new ceiling would sit higher than the original and the B and C pillars would come up short?
Be grateful of any advice on the above and any pictures you could post or PM me with so I can get an idea of how I might finish mine.

Cheers, Darren.

Hi Doulsy; been following this thread with interest; I'm about to start stripping out my T6 lwb Shuttle for conversion. Like you, I think I'll keep the sliding door/tailgate panels and carpet them, but I'm going to leave the HVAC unit in and reposition the vents away from the ceiling. Please can you post some photos of how you finished the roof against the cab roof? Also, how did you get on mating the ceiling to the sides of the bus? As the new ceiling would sit higher than the original and the B and C pillars would come up short?
Be grateful of any advice on the above and any pictures you could post or PM me with so I can get an idea of how I might finish mine.

Cheers, Darren.
I never used original b&c pillar trim, as for roof, I cut the originanal trim where it meets the cab, carpeted it and screwed it onto new ply boards

Back