I remember there was something that did not work quite function right when you wired it but it all works with the courtesy lighting and the lights switches on with the button when needed, so i have never had a problem TBH

I can maybe see if i can get a photo of the wires if i drop it out ?

That would be really handy, had a bit of time off and almost got it working but not got the courtesy working, just on the button. Also how did you fix the C pillar trims its all I've got left to do and its driving me nuts!

That would be really handy, had a bit of time off and almost got it working but not got the courtesy working, just on the button. Also how did you fix the C pillar trims its all I've got left to do and its driving me nuts!

When i get a minute i will look at the wiring for you and take a couple of shots.

As for the C pillars i think i had to drill the missing hole that you get in the caravelle body shell to locate the press stud fixing that holds it cover on. Not a great job for the nerves as it is so difficult to mark/guess where to drill it.

Sorry to bring up a historical part of your build.

Did the top part of your sliding door trims clip into position or did you have to trim the clips back and bond it on?
They attach using metal clips That push into place around the window opening. You have to remove the trim from the top and bottom of the sliding window too see where they fit.

They attach using metal clips That push into place around the window opening. You have to remove the trim from the top and bottom of the sliding window too see where they fit.
Yes I've got/done the lower ones.
With the top sliding window cover removed there's no holes in the metal framework for the metal clips to fix into and the plastic locating bits don't line up.
Mine a 2019 kombi factory windows and the trim is from similar age shuttle se.

Don't recall having any issues, it all clipped in as @Deaky said. I did not have to mod. or drill any holes at all.

pop some photos up of it, and the clips you have. I may remember then , its been a wile lol

Don't recall having any issues, it all clipped in as @Deaky said. I did not have to mod. or drill any holes at all.

pop some photos up of it, and the clips you have. I may remember then , its been a wile lol

Thanks guys,

I think I've just sussed it. I've got a handful of black framework clips which are the same as the ones under the window frame. (Where the blind clicks into).
It looks like I need to fit them to the door body, which in turn allows the small silver clips on the upper plastics to connect into.

No 40 in the exploded view

Hopefully 10 mins on it this afternoon and it will be obvious.

Screenshot_20210228-094851.png

Found a couple of shots but I think this is the tailgate upper trim.

Looks like you have it sorted anyway :thumbsup:

20180129_152951.jpg

20180129_140441.jpg

Back