Thank you so much for your help i am getting there. you wouldn't by chance have a part number for the contact pins that push into the facia fuse box to enable me to use the factory fuse locations? Drawing a blank with TPS ...they do not understand. Many thanks
VW dont sell the crimp inserts anymore, for some reason they withdrew them a few years ago and only sell the repair wires now ?

I have the majority of sizes kicking around, if you get stuck let me know and will see what i can do

Repair wire VW part number 000979227E would work - for "normal/regular" (19mm wide) size blade fuses. Google search will bring up also "plain" crimp inserts.
The fuses are micro fuses in the facia panel unfortunately.

Reactions: mmi
VW dont sell the crimp inserts anymore, for some reason they withdrew them a few years ago and only sell the repair wires now ?

I have the majority of sizes kicking around, if you get stuck let me know and will see what i can do
I need two contacts for micro fuses if you have any? They are needed for the fuse box connections.

Just an added piece of information for anyone attempting this conversion
Euro 5 and Euro 6 compressors and adjoining pipe work, including the mounting plate are not interchangeable. You need the appropriate parts for your Euro model.

The fuses are micro fuses in the facia panel unfortunately.
suggests the following for repair wires (credit to "JetTurbo" on the site)

2.8mm terminals - ATM fuse (small fuses)​
000 979 021 : 0.5mm² wire (000979021)​
000 979 133 : 1.0 mm² wire (000979133)​
000 979 225 : 2.5 mm² wire (000979225)​
4.8mm terminals - ATO fuse (large fuses)​
000 979 023 : 0.5 mm² wire (000979023)​
000 979 135 : 1.0 mm² wire (000979135)​
000 979 227 : 2.5 mm² wire (000979227)​
000 979 306 : 4.0 mm² wire (000979306)​

suggests the following for repair wires (credit to "JetTurbo" on the site)

2.8mm terminals - ATM fuse (small fuses)​
000 979 021 : 0.5mm wire (used for this post / pictures) (000979021)​
000 979 133 : 1.0mm wire (000979133)​
000 979 225 : 2.5mm wire (000979225)​
4.8mm terminals - ATO fuse (large fuses)​
000 979 023 : 0.5mm wire (000979023)​
000 979 135 : 1.0mm wire (000979135)​
000 979 227 : 2.5mm wire (000979227)​
000 979 306 : 4.0mm wire (000979306)​
Thank you so much. Even TPS came up blank. I will order some tomorrow. When I finish this project I will give back to the forum what I have discovered, you have been so helpful MMI :)

Following the heater wiring connections listed by Adam_t6 Connections 16 and 17 are wiring to the centre vent temp sensor. These wires are both brown and 17 is a ground connection. Connection 16 is also brown so no way to differentiate which is which. So do I assume correctly that they are both earth's? When I check the sensor itself the connection are one blue and one brown. The blue is the signal wire to the control panel.

Last edited:
So do I assume correctly that they are both earth's? When I check the sensor itself the connection are one blue and one brown. The blue is the signal wire to the control panel.
16 - Centre vent temp G191 (brown) ---> G191 pin 2 (signal)
17 - Centre vent temp G191(brown) ground ---> G191 pin 1 (ground)
Wiring diagram for Climatic e.g. in Forum's depository https://www.t6forum.com/downloads/climatic-air-conditioning-wiring-diagrams.160/ or here - chapter 57.

Ill be tackling this soon, i have most of the bits..just a few last items on order. thanks to @Adam_T6 & @mmi and everyone else for all the info above, it makes the job a lot easier to undertake when A) you know someone has successfully completed it and B) they have taken the time to document it, as you know better what to expect!

Just to update my retro fit aircon is working perfectly, a big thank you for all the help I have received from the forum . I have had a number of issues all of which I have resolved. When I have a little more time I will list some docs and don't s to help others in the future.

Great effort Adam!

I'm planning on getting Aircon fitted to my T6 via Alpine Air over the next few months. The only hesitation that I have is that the owner (who's been a top bloke when I've been chatting to him about the work) has suggested that the Aircon will be controlled using a custom button (as seen in the picture).

I have sourced a OEM unit that has the AirCon button (the same as you've fitted Adam) and I have asked if AlpineAir will use this part. The owner say's he'll try to use the part, but wasn't sure if it would need to be encoded and therefore wouldn't be possible.

Are you able to offer any advice on this Adam?

unnamed.jpg

I have undertaken this conversion and used the OEM switch panel. If wired in as this thread explains it works perfectly.
But yes it needs to be coded in, which isn't a problem if you have the VAG com.

Hi all, I'm Michael from Germany and I'm trying to retrofit an aircondition in my T5 GP at the moment. The informations here are very helpfull and much more precise than in the German TX-Board - thank you all.

Currently there are two questions from my side:

1. How do I connect the rear window heater - I do not found any information in the wiring diagram???

2. My new wiring loom will only have 6 wires to connect the new parts + 3 old re-used wires - where is my fault?
T17A:
1. Black/blue from ols fan-switch
2. Brown from old fan motor
5. Red/white from old T16d-16 plug
6. Brown to earth (new wiring loom)
7. Green to compressor (new wiring loom)
8. White to high pressure sender (new wiring loom)
9. Grey/white to Residual heat relay
12. CAN H
13. CAN L

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Michael

1. How do I connect the rear window heater - I do not found any information in the wiring diagram???
Not sure I understand the problem, what's missing in the wiring diagram (and what wiring diagram exactly)?

"Heated rear window" is a dedicated section in the T5GP (T5.1) wiring diagram.
The heated rear window is driven by the BCM, which then communicates only via CANbus with AC controller.

Hi mmi,

thank you very much for your feedback. The communication via CANbus was my only and last explanation. However, for me it was implausible that wires for the seat heating are connected via T17a and not for the heated rear window.

Do you have an answer to my second question - I have to reassemble the bus as soon as possible because my wife is slowly losing patience ;-)

Best regards,
Michael

Hi mmi, I'm just wondering that there are only a few wires that have to be connected - my new wiring loom is very small in comparison to the picture on page 1 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Back