Having a little issue with the ..9 - Residual heat relay (yellow/ green) connection. Is there another name for this relay
even drawing a blank on auto data wiring diagram? Any idea on location please?

Any idea on location please?
Relay carrier behind dash panel, right, right-hand drive (L0R)
A - Fuse and relay carrier 1)
3a - Residual heat relay -J708- (646)
3b - Auxiliary heater relay -J8- (646)​
1626023099614.png
Wiring diagrams etc.​

Relay carrier behind dash panel, right, right-hand drive (L0R)
A - Fuse and relay carrier 1)
3a - Residual heat relay -J708- (646)
3b - Auxiliary heater relay -J8- (646)​
Wiring diagrams etc.​
As my T6 did not have aircon from factory, i guess that i will need to fit the J708 and wire in the whole circuit. Would that be right, as i cannot find that relay on my vehicle?

Sorry i have just found the 646 relay, thank you!

As my T6 did not have aircon from factory, i guess that i will need to fit the J708 and wire in the whole circuit. Would that be right, as i cannot find that relay on my vehicle?

Sorry i have just found the 646 relay, thank you!
Does your van have auxiliary/supplementary coolant heater (Webasto) - if so, then the relay is there, even without factory AC.
The "646" is just relay type - there are plenty of those. Is it in the exact location?

Does your van have auxiliary/supplementary coolant heater (Webasto) - if so, then the relay is there, even without factory AC.
The "646" is just relay type - there are planty of those. Is it in the exact location?
Honest answer is i don't know, i dont think so. Yes the relay is in the exact location, o/s foot well in the position shown on your diagram.

Oh thanks...no my van didn't have an auxiliary heater from new. The unit pictured it not on my vehicle.

Intriguing... actually even vans without auxiliary heaters have this J708 relay - found under "Residual heat and heater support whilst driving, no auxiliary heater (9M0)" however I just can't find wherefrom the relay gets the input without AC or aux.heater.
Do you have the "9M0" on the configuration label?
Can you see what colours the wires into your relay are?

Intriguing... actually even vans without auxiliary heaters have this J708 relay - found under "Residual heat and heater support whilst driving, no auxiliary heater (9M0)" however I just can't find wherefrom the relay gets the input without AC or aux.heater.
Do you have the "9M0" on the configuration label?
Can you see what colours the wires into your relay are?
I have tried to group the wires to the relay for the picture. There are two black wires out of view too.

20210711_222131.jpg

20210711_222127.jpg

You will also have your interior light relay in that location and also the headlight washer relay lives there if you have LEDs so may not be the function you are thinking

I have tried to group the wires to the relay for the picture. There are two black wires out of view too.
Well, the reb/blue wire suggests it being the Residual heat relay. However, then also one of the black wires should have a blue stripe on it (going to Webasto!!).
You could remove the relay and measure resistance between relay socket pin 3A and ground if there is "circulation pump V55".
1626087952004.png

Well, the reb/blue wire suggests it being the Residual heat relay. However, then also one of the black wires should have a blue stripe on it (going to Webasto!!).
You could remove the relay and measure resistance between relay socket pin 3A and ground if there is "circulation pump V55".
View attachment 123411
Superb i will check when i get home later. If i find that this is correct on my van i assume that my Aircon feed would be red/blue? or would it branch off the red?

The aircon feed is the leftmost=grey/white in the picture - it would replace black/blue (coming from Webasto!). If this is correct picture for your van the rest of the wires are already there.
This picture is for a van with Webasto (*4=without AC, *2=Climatic AC)

The aircon feed is the leftmost=grey/white in the picture - it would replace black/blue (coming from Webasto!). If this is correct picture for your van the rest of the wires are already there.
This picture is for a van with Webasto (*4=without AC, *2=Climatic AC)
Thank you so much for your help i am getting there. you wouldn't by chance have a part number for the contact pins that push into the facia fuse box to enable me to use the factory fuse locations? Drawing a blank with TPS ...they do not understand. Many thanks

Back