Multiple Engine Management Faults

@Twoguns , your case is that it is defective goods, and they should cover the extra expenditure, as you were not to know that they couldn't make a vehicle properly, or repair what they have designed and built.. Document everything, and if needs speak to the ombudsman etc..
I have recorded everything and have started looking into the Ombudsman. What I've found out via the Ombudsman website is that both me and VW are doing what we should at this stage and if it continues then I'll have grounds to seek their help.
So will see what they comeback with this time and decide.

Twoguns.......I'd be doing the wall of death round the inside of the showroom now mate! Christ almighty.......if I was in your shoes, all bets would be off now regarding my conduct! I'm a lover not a fighter but there'd be a civil disturbance at the dealers now.......seriously! My god, I'm feeling your pain mate......you deserve a bloody medal! You'll get there......but Jesus Christ....this is appalling! Hang in there bruv.........you're a better man than me!!!!
@mopardave really appreciate your support in this case and trust me if I don't keep it together I'll probably land up in jail as I'm one of two ways so best try and keep as calm as I can.
As you can tell I've had enough and honestly would love to get rid of it.

@Twoguns The only thing that you have up your sleeve is @rmo69's case and the threat of the Financial Ombudsman and adverse publicity. I'm sure that VW will not want the glare of bad publicity and investigative journalists crawling all over this issue :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

To be honest @T6 Dave's Dad i expect they don't give a shit as I'm just one owner among thousands of happy ones.
If that is the attitude that they strike then the Ombudsman will be extremely anti. I took on Norwich Union and ended up with the Ombudsman and he decided against them. It didn't take long once he was involved, but because it took over 3 years to get to that point there was an additional 3 years of secure storage for them to settle with the Dealership holding the vehicle. The Ombudsman is an independent judge of matters and deals only in the facts so it is vital that you can fully document the issue when you forward your complaint to him. The fact that you are an individual is of no moment, it is the fact that you have a complaint that needs resolution :).

Ch
If that is the attitude that they strike then the Ombudsman will be extremely anti. I took on Norwich Union and ended up with the Ombudsman and he decided against them. It didn't take long once he was involved, but because it took over 3 years to get to that point there was an additional 3 years of secure storage for them to settle with the Dealership holding the vehicle. The Ombudsman is an independent judge of matters and deals only in the facts so it is vital that you can fully document the issue when you forward your complaint to him. The fact that you are an individual is of no moment, it is the fact that you have a complaint that needs resolution :).
Cheers pal, I may need your advise on this in the future if I need to go down this route.

@Twoguns no problem, I'll help and advise as best I can. Feel free to ask and we can go PMs or email where I can help in drafting documents if required :):thumbsup::thumbsup:. I do a pretty good letter, just ask @T6 Dave :D as he saw all my correspondence with Norwich Union and the Ombudsman.

@mopardave really appreciate your support in this case and trust me if I don't keep it together I'll probably land up in jail as I'm one of two ways so best try and keep as calm as I can.
As you can tell I've had enough and honestly would love to get rid of it.

Right Twoguns......my thoughts for what they're worth! I genuinely think you can turn this situation to your advantage. Your experience, should it become public, will be a total embarrassment to vw. Even the dealer must wince when you phone up to tell them it's happened again......no reasonable vehicle retailer or manufacturer would try and defend the performance of the 4 wheeled bag of shite that you've been saddled with. If you haven't already, and forgive me, I may be behind the curve a little here, but I think it's time to issue an ultimatum! You've been fair and reasonable but now it's time to get heavy. They WILL NOT want this publicising! I honestly think that if I'd come this far, and had managed by some fluke, not to be doing a 5 stretch at her majesties pleasure with Grouty, Lennie Godber and Norman Stanley Fletcher, I'd be looking forward to naming my own price.......or, if you're feeling lucky, the spec of another T6......at their expense of course, in order to make me go away quietly!!!
I think you've got your hand in their shorts bruv.........now it's time to start squeezing a little harder!
Anyway.......that's my view! Other's may differ......(no problem with that)......but be assured, we're all behind you! ;)

@Twoguns, sadly this issue has now spread across two threads. Do you want to ask Pauly to link them or shift appropriate posts across to your original thread to give a complete picture and avoid confusion and duplication?

Right Twoguns......my thoughts for what they're worth! I genuinely think you can turn this situation to your advantage. Your experience, should it become public, will be a total embarrassment to vw. Even the dealer must wince when you phone up to tell them it's happened again......no reasonable vehicle retailer or manufacturer would try and defend the performance of the 4 wheeled bag of shite that you've been saddled with. If you haven't already, and forgive me, I may be behind the curve a little here, but I think it's time to issue an ultimatum! You've been fair and reasonable but now it's time to get heavy. They WILL NOT want this publicising! I honestly think that if I'd come this far, and had managed by some fluke, not to be doing a 5 stretch at her majesties pleasure with Grouty, Lennie Godber and Norman Stanley Fletcher, I'd be looking forward to naming my own price.......or, if you're feeling lucky, the spec of another T6......at their expense of course, in order to make me go away quietly!!!
I think you've got your hand in their shorts bruv.........now it's time to start squeezing a little harder!
Anyway.......that's my view! Other's may differ......(no problem with that)......but be assured, we're all behind you! ;)
I will be straight on the phone to VW finance tomorrow once the VW Tech has come to the house and will definitely be more aggressive in my approach. I'm going to lay it down to them that I want ALL my money back as I have lost faith in the brand and have given them more than enough time and opportunity to correct it.
Hopefully this may trigger them to take this to the next level as I have a feeling it's one of two situations.
1 They genuinely have no idea what's wrong with it and are just changing part after part hoping they get it right.
2 They do know what's wrong and it's something serious that they will never admit to and are just delaying the inevitable.
Either way I'm not willing to keep on test driving their new parts. They either change the whole emissions system, replace the van and cover my conversion costs or give me all my money inc conversion cost back.
If they are unwilling to do any of this I will be telling them to stick their van and not to touch it anymore and I'll be taking up advice from the Ombudsman and plaster the dirt everywhere I can.
What do you think of this idea?

@Twoguns sorry to have interfered ;), it was intended for you to decide but @Loz, with his greater experience in these matters :), saw where I was coming from and what needed to be done and did it quickly :thumbsup:. Now makes life easier for you to print out should you need to :D.

@Twoguns sorry to have interfered ;), it was intended for you to decide but @Loz, with his greater experience in these matters :), saw where I was coming from and what needed to be done and did it quickly :thumbsup:. Now makes life easier for you to print out should you need to :D.
No problem at all, totally agree with you.

Give them hell tomorrow bud, no way would I be standing for it. I'd be finding out where the head honcho for VWCV lives and parking it on his drive.

Give them hell tomorrow bud, no way would I be standing for it. I'd be finding out where the head honcho for VWCV lives and parking it on his drive.
Maybe I'll ask the recovery lorry driver tomorrow to do that as we are now best friends the amount of times I see him.
Another photo opportunity for my case.

I will be straight on the phone to VW finance tomorrow once the VW Tech has come to the house and will definitely be more aggressive in my approach. I'm going to lay it down to them that I want ALL my money back as I have lost faith in the brand and have given them more than enough time and opportunity to correct it.
Hopefully this may trigger them to take this to the next level as I have a feeling it's one of two situations.
1 They genuinely have no idea what's wrong with it and are just changing part after part hoping they get it right.
2 They do know what's wrong and it's something serious that they will never admit to and are just delaying the inevitable.
Either way I'm not willing to keep on test driving their new parts. They either change the whole emissions system, replace the van and cover my conversion costs or give me all my money inc conversion cost back.
If they are unwilling to do any of this I will be telling them to stick their van and not to touch it anymore and I'll be taking up advice from the Ombudsman and plaster the dirt everywhere I can.
What do you think of this idea?
Too much too soon. Tell them of the latest issue and be prepared to recount your problem from the first incident and the Dealers attempts to fix them. See what they then offer. Do NOT show your hand about the Ombudsman at this stage. Ask them to put their offer in writing and do not reject it out of hand. You can in the meantime document the history of callouts, fixes and subsequent breakdowns and forward that to VW for agreement since they will have it all logged in various places. THIS IS PREPARATION FOR THE CASE TO THE OMBUDSMAN. All further communication must then be documentary (email suffices).

Too much too soon. Tell them of the latest issue and be prepared to recount your problem from the first incident and the Dealers attempts to fix them. See what they then offer. Do NOT show your hand about the Ombudsman at this stage. Ask them to put their offer in writing and do not reject it out of hand. You can in the meantime document the history of callouts, fixes and subsequent breakdowns and forward that to VW for agreement since they will have it all logged in various places. THIS IS PREPARATION FOR THE CASE TO THE OMBUDSMAN. All further communication must then be documentary (email suffices).
I'm pretty sure the latest issue is going to be the same as what's happened before. It's always the NOx level. So they have fixed nothing at all, seven EML occurrences, same error code, no fix.
They know the full history as he read it back to me off his system. I'm just not willing to lose more time arranging recovery/hire car drop offs then pick it up from dealer only to go through the same process four days later.
Good point about the email, I will call him tomorrow and get him to email me their plan of action and to carry out all further correspondence via email.

Back