Multiple Engine Management Faults

@Twoguns I had a think back to when the fault first logged and it was a day after we fitted the heated seats, was your present before you carried out any work on the van? If it is like my Range Rover it maybe that any works carried plays havoc with the ecu's, I will unplug the fused spur to the seats and reset with carista and I'll report back if the fault returns. Got to be worth a try!!!!

@road runner I maybe wrong but it looks like only dsg 150 showing this fault if so good choice

@Twoguns. Thanks for today's update and it's good to hear that VW Finance are driving this and that Technical Assistance from MK is to be invoked. It was interesting to hear also that VW Assistance that attended your place today let drop that other team members are seeing the same issue elsewhere. Maybe an upgrade to the 180 unless others with more experience say that's not a good idea.

@Twoguns I had a think back to when the fault first logged and it was a day after we fitted the heated seats, was your present before you carried out any work on the van? If it is like my Range Rover it maybe that any works carried plays havoc with the ecu's, I will unplug the fused spur to the seats and reset with carista and I'll report back if the fault returns. Got to be worth a try!!!!

@road runner I maybe wrong but it looks like only dsg 150 showing this fault if so good choice
So everyone that experienced the 180hp bi turbo, was fooled to switch to the 150 only to discover that was a mistake... isnt it ironic, dont you think...

Thankfully it was present before I had it converted.
According to the finance company as it's on finance lease technically if I reject it then I am supposed to return it in its original state as with finance lease I'm never supposed to own it at the end of four yours, a 3rd party is supposed to buy it. So they wouldn't cover the cost of my conversion as I was never supposed to do anything to it. Very interesting I said as most private buyers will be doing the same thing.
I told him the dealer said that when the four years is up to call them and they sort the final balance then I pay them and therefore own the van. The finance person said "I didn't hear that" as that's not supposed to happen. I told him that he did hear it and that I am pretty pissed as it looks like the dealer has Miss lead me as I made the dealer fully aware that I intended to keep the van for a very long time hence why I've not cut corners and spent top money on top stuff to go in it.
So basically it looks like I have no choice but to keep going through this until they fix it no matter how long it takes and no matter how many days I have to waste. Not happy at all!!!!

@Twoguns, I too would be fuming if I had purchased privately, worst case for us is the van is unreliable and we sell at market value, offset any losses against tax at end of year.

This is where the private buyer is treated like a commercial user, as far as they are concerned they will give you a like for like vehicle to keep you moving and in reality for fleet users this is fine as the tool is faulty but they sorted out a replacement while it's repaired keeps most fleet managers and operators happy.

In reality they know private buyers will be hugely affected and emotionally tied to the vehicle and should be able to offer a better level of service more akin to the car industry. If they don't want to facilitate that then they shouldn't allow non fleet users to purchase through the commercial dealerships, they know their product has a big non commercial following.

Keep your chin up and I'll update this thread with any matching faults we get.

@Twoguns, I too would be fuming if I had purchased privately, worst case for us is the van is unreliable and we sell at market value, offset any losses against tax at end of year.

This is where the private buyer is treated like a commercial user, as far as they are concerned they will give you a like for like vehicle to keep you moving and in reality for fleet users this is fine as the tool is faulty but they sorted out a replacement while it's repaired keeps most fleet managers and operators happy.

In reality they know private buyers will be hugely affected and emotionally tied to the vehicle and should be able to offer a better level of service more akin to the car industry. If they don't want to facilitate that then they shouldn't allow non fleet users to purchase through the commercial dealerships, they know their product has a big non commercial following.

Keep your chin up and I'll update this thread with any matching faults we get.
Cheers pal, much appreciated. Got a very large whisky to cheer me up.

I have the lease purchase on mine but it's my company van . They shouldn't of leased it to you if you are converting it as you wont be able to return it . If you are planing on keeping it then get a friend to buy it back then sell it to you for the same price . The dealer will do it but they will charge to service it and warranty it plus handling fee. You will have to pay the vat on the final payment unless you can find a friend with a vat registered company.
I hope you get it sorted but I think ford are in the same boat with the new custom engine.

Afternoon @Twoguns, just had vw roadside come to read the same fault again as expected p20EE00 (NOX sensor below threshold) found. Adblue system checked for correct working operation and all was fine Adblue solution also fine, advised to book into dealer and have it checked there for route cause of fault.

15 minutes after leaving the technician has returned to install a new software update for the engine, VW are finding that all DSG models are failing to regen (dpf) properly as the vehicle is holding onto 7th gear so the new software should force the engine to hold in 6th while performing the regen process. If this is correct it should stop the NOX falling out of the measurement threshold, now fingers crossed as this is the first time this technician has been made aware of the update and as far as he knows this will be the first van or car in his coverage area to receive the update.

I will let you know how we get on over the next few days, hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel for all those with the issue. Also he did say that in his experience the changing of the adblue system and NOX sensor has failed to stop the fault reoccurring, obviously all this information was off the record and he couldn't possibly comment on it being a known fault. lol

Afternoon @Twoguns, just had vw roadside come to read the same fault again as expected p20EE00 (NOX sensor below threshold) found. Adblue system checked for correct working operation and all was fine Adblue solution also fine, advised to book into dealer and have it checked there for route cause of fault.

15 minutes after leaving the technician has returned to install a new software update for the engine, VW are finding that all DSG models are failing to regen (dpf) properly as the vehicle is holding onto 7th gear so the new software should force the engine to hold in 6th while performing the regen process. If this is correct it should stop the NOX falling out of the measurement threshold, now fingers crossed as this is the first time this technician has been made aware of the update and as far as he knows this will be the first van or car in his coverage area to receive the update.

I will let you know how we get on over the next few days, hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel for all those with the issue. Also he did say that in his experience the changing of the adblue system and NOX sensor has failed to stop the fault reoccurring, obviously all this information was off the record and he couldn't possibly comment on it being a known fault. lol
Cheers @G11hws thanks for the info and please let me know. Hopefully this sounds positive as the VW recovery guy said to be that he suspected a software update would prob solve this issue and like yours the dealers have replaced most of the AdBlue system.
I just gave my dealer a call to get them to check for a new update to see if one has just come out as my van is with them again since Monday. So hopefully tomorrow I will have a call to confirm if this update is true.
They have also reported that they have taken most of the AdBlue equipment off my van and put it on a loaner van which will be tested over the next few days to see if the fault triggers on this van.
As ever I will report back my findings.

Right, not good news, the van will not accept the update and will need to go to dealers, he had eight attempts and all crashed before they reached 80%. The update is available as a technical bulletin and can only be accessed with the vin details but he couldn't or wouldn't give any more details. I will be calling the dealer in the morning to book this in as he has logged my details on the system, also he informed this is only applicable to DSG models which fits with the vans i know that have this fault. Apologies it wasn't better news but i will be pushing for the dealer to carry this out ASAP.

Right, not good news, the van will not accept the update and will need to go to dealers, he had eight attempts and all crashed before they reached 80%. The update is available as a technical bulletin and can only be accessed with the vin details but he couldn't or wouldn't give any more details. I will be calling the dealer in the morning to book this in as he has logged my details on the system, also he informed this is only applicable to DSG models which fits with the vans i know that have this fault. Apologies it wasn't better news but i will be pushing for the dealer to carry this out ASAP.
So is this something that the dealer should be able to do?

100% if you contact them it should be available on the system as a technical bulletin for all affected vehicles not just vans. He did advise if the dealer plays dumb and can't find the bulletin then I need to ring Vw assist and let them speak with with the dealer, he also mentioned that they must supply a loan van while they have mine and if they say they don't have one Vw assist will arrange on my behalf. Give me a few days to sort as now I know there is a potential fix I won't let it rest.

100% if you contact them it should be available on the system as a technical bulletin for all affected vehicles not just vans. He did advise if the dealer plays dumb and can't find the bulletin then I need to ring Vw assist and let them speak with with the dealer, he also mentioned that they must supply a loan van while they have mine and if they say they don't have one Vw assist will arrange on my behalf. Give me a few days to sort as now I know there is a potential fix I won't let it rest.
Thanks again i wont rest now either. Ill be straight on the phone tomorrow for update.

When I notice regen (1k idle rpm, start/stop inactive) I pop the gear over to manual and try to hold around 2k rpm. Old habit that worked for my Ford S-max. Just sayin

@Twoguns with regard to finance. A friend of mine at work picked up a 12 plate last year. He bought it of a builder or should I say got it off him and paid the finace off so I would think you paying it off at the end is the same thing. :unsure:

That is exactly how a PCP works. At the end of the term you either settle off the finance and then own it outright, or you hand it back and use any collateral against a new one. Not sure if a lease would be different - however, having a lease car for work we have the option to buy it from the lease company at the end of the term or hand it back. Can't imagine VW would insist on having it back and not give you a purchase option. Weird.

@Twoguns with regard to finance. A friend of mine at work picked up a 12 plate last year. He bought it of a builder or should I say got it off him and paid the finace off so I would think you paying it off at the end is the same thing. :unsure:
That's how the dealer said it worked. They would clear the finance and I would pay them. According to the finance guy he said they shouldn't do that and said he didn't hear me say that which I said "well you did so has the dealer f***ed me over" as if I pay it off now then the finance company will no long have any interest in this matter. It's them who seem to be getting things moving.

Back