Multiple Engine Management Faults

I'm pretty sure the latest issue is going to be the same as what's happened before. It's always the NOx level. So they have fixed nothing at all, seven EML occurrences, same error code, no fix.
They know the full history as he read it back to me off his system. I'm just not willing to lose more time arranging recovery/hire car drop offs then pick it up from dealer only to go through the same process four days later.
Good point about the email, I will call him tomorrow and get him to email me their plan of action and to carry out all further correspondence via email.
OK and dependent on their proposals you then turn to Customer Services and see what their view is - ask them to get the full details from the Dealer, together with their action plan, and ask Customer Services to email you their view as to what their plan is to fix this issue once and for all because this vehicle is damaging your confidence in the brand. By doing this you are implying that this is their last chance to fix it.

OK and dependent on their proposals you then turn to Customer Services and see what their view is - ask them to get the full details from the Dealer, together with their action plan, and ask Customer Services to email you their view as to what their plan is to fix this issue once and for all because this vehicle is damaging your confidence in the brand. By doing this you are implying that this is their last chance to fix it.
When I spoke to Customer Services they pretty much said as it's on finance it was up to the finance company to sort out.

When I spoke to Customer Services they pretty much said as it's on finance it was up to the finance company to sort out.
Are you lucky enough to have VW Finance? However, whichever Finance Company actually owns it I would contact them and get their Legal Department involved as they are the owners of the vehicle with you. I'm guessing they will not be happy and will get onto Customer Services and the Dealer because you will have to pass all the breakdown details to the Finance Company so that they are fully informed. Technically, I believe, if you have to reject the vehicle you have to do so to the Finance Company.

Are you lucky enough to have VW Finance? However, whichever Finance Company actually owns it I would contact them and get their Legal Department involved as they are the owners of the vehicle with you. I'm guessing they will not be happy and will get onto Customer Services and the Dealer because you will have to pass all the breakdown details to the Finance Company so that they are fully informed. Technically, I believe, if you have to reject the vehicle you have to do so to the Finance Company.
Yes it's with VW finance so they are fully aware of what's happened so at least that saves me a bit of work as he has the history from the dealers on his system so I know they are up to date and it was them who I contact last time and it was them that chased the dealer.
They also gave me 1.5 months of finance back due to the time spent at dealers.

Yes it's with VW finance so they are fully aware of what's happened so at least that saves me a bit of work as he has the history from the dealers on his system so I know they are up to date and it was them who I contact last time and it was them that chased the dealer.
They also gave me 1.5 months of finance back due to the time spent at dealers.

No as the recovery comes as part of the package with VW
Great stuff, looking like a one stop shop to deal with then. Makes life easier and, since it is all VW, they will be all the keener to keep this problem contained and not publicized.

No problem, a pleasure to help if and where I can. I don't own a T6, but have an interest through @T6 Dave, and as I stated in my first ever post I drop in and out learning from other members and offering advice and make a positive contribution wherever I can.

No problem, a pleasure to help if and where I can. I don't own a T6, but have an interest through @T6 Dave, and as I stated in my first ever post I drop in and out learning from other members and offering advice and make a positive contribution wherever I can.
It's much appreciated, thanks again.

Surprise surprise, VW Tech came to house and it's the same fault error. So another journey for the "Transported".
The tech said he's spoke to his other work mates and it does appear that others with the Euro 6 150 are having the same problem.
I've got a pretty decent photo album now of the van, all be it mainly on the back of a lorry. I think my family and friends thick I'm bit of a Recover Lorry spotter.
IMG_2214.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Twoguns,

i think we have a similar fault to yours on our 150, do you have any performance or mpg issues when your light comes ? i have been watching your thread with the hope that they fix your fault so i have a direction to point them with ours. it may be of little help, but if the van works as it should just use it and keep logging the faults with vw it's there problem if it goes majorly wrong as long as you have reported the fault once and every time the light comes send VWCS an email noting the fault and let them chase you around, but try not to let it stress you out. From my experience it will not grind to a halt and leave you stranded our issue has been going on for over 3000 miles now but i understand your concerns with having a light on all the time. Fingers crossed for you ;)

Hello Twoguns,

i think we have a similar fault to yours on our 150, do you have any performance or mpg issues when your light comes ? i have been watching your thread with the hope that they fix your fault so i have a direction to point them with ours. it may be of little help, but if the van works as it should just use it and keep logging the faults with vw it's there problem if it goes majorly wrong as long as you have reported the fault once and every time the light comes send VWCS an email noting the fault and let them chase you around, but try not to let it stress you out. From my experience it will not grind to a halt and leave you stranded our issue has been going on for over 3000 miles now but i understand your concerns with having a light on all the time. Fingers crossed for you ;)
Cheers @G11hws sorry to learn you have the same problem but at the same time it's good to know there are others out there with the same problem and it does seem to be the 150 engine.

Hopefully if there are others with the same problem then this should force VW to find a fix asap as it must be costing them money every time it's transported away and the dealership fees etc. My theory is that every time it comes on they can take it away and therefore cost them some more money as I dont like driving around with an EML on as you won't know if something else has alarmed.

It drives fine and the MPG is crap all the time, I'm lucky to get 36mpg tops on a long run on motorway/dual type roads sitting at 65mph but mostly it's between 30 and 34mpg. The vans always empty apart from the Exploria Kombi bed in the back. I've even taken the two seat bench out for more living space so that's saved a bit of weight.

I've just informed VW Finance that the fault has returned 300miles since the Sensor was replaced so they are driving this fault now and they are telling the dealer to request Technical support is physically sent to them from VW Milton Keynes. Apparently Milton Keynes have the best Technicians based there who are sent to dealerships in case's like this.
We will see.

Apologies for the error but i have been informed the EML has been on for about 4500 miles.

Another great reason reason to have the vehicle financed, hopefully they will apply a bit of added pressure to your dealer to find a resolution to the issue. All my vans are operated through our business so we treat them as tools rather than personal items and experience with commercial dealers is that is how they view them, the issue is that transporter has become a popular choice for the private buyer and the dealers may need to adjust there attitude to these customers who have had to pay the full value of the vehicle without the benefits of tax deductions and rebates. Commercial vehicles for us are all about the overall operating cost during ownership so we only ever viewed our vans as a cost exercise, but having had the t6 i can see the appeal from a private buyers viewpoint. I will log the fault again in the hope it helps them register the fault more times to speed the response up.

Perhaps if they knew your forum username they might speed things up for you ;)

I think the MPG on these vans are hyper sensitive to weight and speed we find the 204 needs to be kept at 70 to achieve the best MPG but the 150 seems to be happiest cruising about 65 both are loaded with about 200kg of tooling and storage. interestingly we found with no weight in them they seem to drop about 5 to 7% MPG, probably due to the way it changes gear unladen.

Apologies for the error but i have been informed the EML has been on for about 4500 miles.

Another great reason reason to have the vehicle financed, hopefully they will apply a bit of added pressure to your dealer to find a resolution to the issue. All my vans are operated through our business so we treat them as tools rather than personal items and experience with commercial dealers is that is how they view them, the issue is that transporter has become a popular choice for the private buyer and the dealers may need to adjust there attitude to these customers who have had to pay the full value of the vehicle without the benefits of tax deductions and rebates. Commercial vehicles for us are all about the overall operating cost during ownership so we only ever viewed our vans as a cost exercise, but having had the t6 i can see the appeal from a private buyers viewpoint. I will log the fault again in the hope it helps them register the fault more times to speed the response up.

Perhaps if they knew your forum username they might speed things up for you ;)

I think the MPG on these vans are hyper sensitive to weight and speed we find the 204 needs to be kept at 70 to achieve the best MPG but the 150 seems to be happiest cruising about 65 both are loaded with about 200kg of tooling and storage. interestingly we found with no weight in them they seem to drop about 5 to 7% MPG, probably due to the way it changes gear unladen.
It is my own personal van so yes vat paid and you just don't expect this from a mid £30K vehicle.
Unfortunately the guns are not what they used to be. Three shoulder ops and a back op has put an end to that. Who said fitness and rugby was good for you????

This does not bode well,mine is 150 manual ok only done just I've 900 miles but now worried the engine management light will come on a:oops::(

This does not bode well,mine is 150 manual ok only done just I've 900 miles but now worried the engine management light will come on a:oops::(
As long as we all share info then at least we can all be well educated, that's why I'm doing as detailed report on here on this issue as I think it's possibly a serious issue and if people have the same experience then they are more prepared for what's to possibly to come.

Back