Multiple Engine Management Faults

Muppets is the word said all fixed so far no engine light time will tell, whilst in i askes them to fix the clonk noise on passenger window mechanism i can replicate it everytime all they did was strip and grease grrrrrr

Yesterday for me yellow engine light comes up... The car work fine (like before)... After 50 km light go off....
What's happen? I book next monday at vw a check..
VW t6 DSG 150 Hp 04/2017

Will find out tomorrow what's happening with ours as it is going in for first service and to check the EML again.

Van is now 10 months old and has had the light on and off since around the 1000 mile mark, it has never let us down and is a superb piece of kit just a shame that somewhere a little sensor is over sensitive!!!!!!!

As a side note I think if I had been bothered to chase this it would have been fixed already as others on this thread seem to have solved this issue (he says touching wood).

23500 miles 204DSG
And my lights made an appreance this afternoon, booked in at 8:30 tomorrow with VW
Hope this isn’t the start of a roller coaster ride like some of you have had.
Like Ratty my van is fully racked out with equipment as a service van, unfortunately a loan van is of no use to me at all.
Let’s hope it’s a once only visit, but I’m already thinking of crossing VW off my list of vans as there’s several things I’m not happy with and it all stems around the emission control equipment

23500 miles 204DSG
And my lights made an appreance this afternoon, booked in at 8:30 tomorrow with VW
Hope this isn’t the start of a roller coaster ride like some of you have had.
Like Ratty my van is fully racked out with equipment as a service van, unfortunately a loan van is of no use to me at all.
Let’s hope it’s a once only visit, but I’m already thinking of crossing VW off my list of vans as there’s several things I’m not happy with and it all stems around the emission control equipment

Exactly why we got rid of our T5.1 180 California. Dismally designed emissions ancillaries.
I'm glad this one has a 5 year warranty....

Exactly why we got rid of our T5.1 180 California. Dismally designed emissions ancillaries.
I'm glad this one has a 5 year warranty....

Yeah I'm glad i got the 5 year warranty, although if anything better comes along soon then the T6 will be traded in. I'm sure if all the emission related stuff was ditched i'd actually have a fast economical van, but i can't help but feel every time i fill it up, 1 of the gallons will go on regen and it's associated issues.

It might just be me too, but a certain times my van seems like it really wants to fly and has an instant reaction to the throttle being adjusted, but this is very little, although it does occasionally seem to coincide with the regen phase (Not always)

Within the first 2000 miles after collecting the van last year, i was surprised to see the dpf light illuminate while driving on the motorway (Not slowly either) and subsequently had to go through the regen procedure. (90% of my miles are on motorways)

If only i could get 30mpg out of 200bhp petrol van then that's what i'd be buying next.

I view the emissions kit (EGR valve, DPF) as being like putting a mesh over a sewage pipe and saying "oooh look, the water that comes out is clean" only for it to block up and need a good clean.
Surely catching the crud then relying on very hot engine cycles to try and get rid of it isn't a good way to reduce emissions?!

This is why I like our pair of petrols. Put fuel in, start them, warm them up a bit (force of habit), drive them whatever distance you want, stop. If you made the car really hot, a fan might go on for a bit but that's it. No "short journey guilt." And often as near as dammit similar mpg anyway.

Last edited:
Code P046c (EGR Related) was showing, their solution was to clear it, "That's all Sir, hopefully it won't come back on"

Lets hope they're right, otherwise they'll wish i'd bought a Ford instead :mad:

Right...
About 1500 miles ago my van did whopping big 100miles constant Regen and about half way through it became a pig to drive around 1500-2000rpm. Hesitant, jerky, lack of throttle response and almost dies on idle if you time it wrong.
Anyway ecu light came on shortly after.

Eventually it stopped the uber long Regen.

I have never had a dpf light and I do regular motorway drives.

The ecu light soon went away and the van returned to normal.

I still get the adblue below threshold code every 2k without fail.

Went in for a service and the garage reset the codes and mentioned all the codes were to do with regeneration.

Anyway 1500 miles later the van enters uber long Regen mode again... even when I took it on the motorway at 70mph for 30 mins straight. I expected an ecu light.... and I soon got one...

Right I thought let's buy carista and read the codes .

Ecu lights soon went out.

Turns out the carista app is useless. It's labeled the engine fault codes different from vw so I cannot understand them. And I have to pay to reset. I thought that was free. Anyway I reset them..

Had anyone experiences the hesitation I had....an exhaust pressure sensor is cheap so I could change that.

Here's what I got.

25940143517_f8fe662266_z.jpg2018-03-14_08-12-02 by

The canbus and cluster codes are probably my aftermarket radio do not an issue.
Have you had any of the work that I have posted in this thread done at your dealers under warranty yet?
I was having this EML every couple of hundred miles after the van did around 3000 miles so kept sending it back to the dealers on a low loader.
Mine drived fine and I was doing the same type of driving your doing, mostly motorway

Have you had any of the work that I have posted in this thread done at your dealers under warranty yet?
I was having this EML every couple of hundred miles after the van did around 3000 miles so kept sending it back to the dealers on a low loader.
Mine drived fine and I was doing the same type of driving your doing, mostly motorway

I haven't gone back to the dealer as getting them to plug into the van takes a week or so booking and by that time the code disappears and they aren't bothered plus I lose a mornings business and cost of plug in. Plus I use the van everyday 80-100 miles a day and if I'm without it then I lose £400 a day in business when they repair and that's if they have the parts.

Sometimes it's just easier to find the issue myself via research or trial and error, order the parts and fit at a convenient time from my trusted garage.

For that reason warranty goes out the window from Cost of loss of earnings plus my remap causing warranty issues.

We have a T30 and the engine management light has come on again for the 2nd time. Last time they replaced the EGR valve, any ideas? They can't fit it in to be looked at for 3 weeks!

Guess who’s back? Back again! Same old same old. After 8562 miles of calm, the dreaded EML came back on, surprise surprise it’s my old friend PZ0EE00. So back to dealers on recovery lorry number 5. Will keep you updated.
E1F1CA52-77B5-4143-8E36-EA0901947369.jpeg

Muppets is the word said all fixed so far no engine light time will tell, whilst in i askes them to fix the clonk noise on passenger window mechanism i can replicate it everytime all they did was strip and grease grrrrrr
Mine has this and VW had to replace the window regulator

Back