Multiple Engine Management Faults

I suppose where Im different to others is that its just a van, Im sure I will love it and treat it as my pride and joy but if it has issues I will just drive it until convenient to take back to dealership especially if its one of these ghost issues.

I just want the thing to arrive, it feels like its taking an absolute age to arrive.

Coming from a different perspective here but with a similar outlook.

My main cars the last 14 years have been new/nearly new Vauxhall and Volkswagen cars, top of the range models and class leaders of their sector.

All have had the engine management lights on for more time than bloody not.
As a control systems engineer myself I've just come to the conclusion modern engine management systems are too sensitive and report the tiniest blip with very tight tolerances.

The T6 will be my main vehicle, and I half expect to have the light on allot.

Funny though, my second cars, all the small engined polo's and Skoda's have been flawless.

My original date was 12th July but they said its likely to be a week later.

I have not had an engine managment light since my Calibra, I have had 2 Celicas, 3 bmws, two mercs, an audi since then so suppose its about time for one.

My original date was 12th July but they said its likely to be a week later.

I have not had an engine managment light since my Calibra, I have had 2 Celicas, 3 bmws, two mercs, an audi since then so suppose its about time for one.
7 to 8 weeks to go then ?

****Rant Time****

So VW Executive Customer Care contacted me ref a "Good Will" gesture. As mention before I asked about a removable tow bar plus wiring which they say is £1160 which is the exact same as people have had fitted for £500. I thought this was a reasonable amount considering the grief I've had and feel like I've, along with a few others have been the test pig for this EU6 model.
They report that they are willing to only cover 50% of the tow bar and wiring or a credit note for £600. I said I think that was taking the piss considering the amount of hassle and the amount of money these things cost. They said that's the most they can and will do and they think it's a fair offer, to which I said well you would say that and to call me back next week when I've calmed down as I was starting to get pretty pissed off because he was not having any of it.
I also told him that I would not be buying another VW or have a good word to say about them, which is true.
So I hope no one else goes through this and I hope my experience and info I've shared with you will help as I have no confidence that VW will treat you correctly.

Stick by your guns and start demonstrating how you will be dragging them through the media shit storm, I am sure that VWT and other magazines will be highly interested in your fully recorded account, with pictures on the back of tow trucks.
Also it might well bring other 150 E6 owners to the fore as well.
Take no bull, stand your ground and remonstrate out in the middle of the dealership, park up out front with great big signs and picture placards of your van on tow trucks.
If they are only going to give you £500/ 600 off a towbar then that will only dent them by about £200 as labour will cost them f'all! Cheeky *^*^*^****^^^***!

@Twoguns Not good enough. You have all the dates so work out percentage of ownership time to the date of this impertinent offer that has been lost to this fault. Then consult the Financial Ombudsman by phone initially and follow up with documentary evidence if they agree to take it on for you - and I'm sure they will.

I'd walk into dealership when it's packed, pull down my trousers (wearing speedos underneath) bend over the service desk.. And say in a loud voice "is this the position you want me to assume for the screwing you are giving me!".... Might get some attention, especially if your mate has clearly got a video camera and filming it! :devil:

I had a transit custom before the t6 that was at the dealer a lot for repairs. I phoned ford customer services about the waiting time I was given for one of the parts it needed and they speeded up the part and offered me a £50 voucher without asking .we have been looking at replacing are Vauxhall 4x4 with a Tiguan but I think we will think again after reading this and the post on the sport line wheels.
How do you adjust the cruse by 5 miles at a time? Is it a euro 6 thing or can they all do it .

I'd walk into dealership when it's packed, pull down my trousers (wearing speedos underneath) bend over the service desk.. And say in a loud voice "is this the position you want me to assume for the screwing you are giving me!".... Might get some attention, especially if your mate has clearly got a video camera and filming it! :devil:
Good idea but sadly the Dealership is not dealing - it is VW Executive Customer Care who are trying to shaft @Twoguns over the settlement. Maybe the MD VWUK needs to be involved.

Still in a vw dealership, and will have a nice service desk sign.. They should be trying to side with twoguns.. But know what you mean, in that case I'd take a trip to vwuk, or knowing me vw factory!

Daft phrase that.. Knowing me.. I think I know me, or someone very much alike me.... Hmmm

Time to go back in my box and have a :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Stick by your guns and start demonstrating how you will be dragging them through the media shit storm, I am sure that VWT and other magazines will be highly interested in your fully recorded account, with pictures on the back of tow trucks.
Also it might well bring other 150 E6 owners to the fore as well.
Take no bull, stand your ground and remonstrate out in the middle of the dealership, park up out front with great big signs and picture placards of your van on tow trucks.
If they are only going to give you £500/ 600 off a towbar then that will only dent them by about £200 as labour will cost them f'all! Cheeky *^*^*^****^^^***!
It's the labour that they are saying that costs them the most. Like you said I'm sure they could do it for a lot less considering what I've been through and you would of hoped that such a big company would have the customer focus to settle this once and for all on a relatively cheap part.

@Twoguns Not good enough. You have all the dates so work out percentage of ownership time to the date of this impertinent offer that has been lost to this fault. Then consult the Financial Ombudsman by phone initially and follow up with documentary evidence if they agree to take it on for you - and I'm sure they will.
This is the option I'm going to take as I'm not paying out on a solicitor as I expect VW have covered themselves with doing the minimum they have to.

Back