Multiple Engine Management Faults

Sorry to be break it to you but my first EML the VW assist said it was the same, an oil sensor reading from the sump not reporting back to the dash display. He said to take it to dealer to double check. I did this and they just reset it and said false alarm.
After another few EML of the NOx level that we are all getting, I asked for a print out of all the work they did. When I double checked it all the NOx sensor error that I constantly get was there at the same time as the oil error but they didn't mention it.
If I was you I'd get VW to check it as it will probably still be stored. Then again they still haven't fixed mine but I'm on holiday so don't got a shit at the moment.
@Twoguns, like @T6 Dave's Dad says, you are on holiday and supposed to have washed your hands of your van debacle for a few weeks, as you need the R&R after the BS you've been through with it. Plenty of time to bring us back up to speed when you get back.

Another 8 days with no light, still using cruise but not reducing in 5mph increments. Fingers crossed it stays this way and I will report back after a few more journeys. If it goes for another 30 days without the light coming on i will pass on the information to my main dealer, VW assist and VWCS uk. Hopefully help to find a cure for the annoying fault!!!!

Interestingly my 204 is still used with the cruise reducing in 5mph increments but no fault, although the reduction in the speed is not as harsh as the 150 was.

VCDS is showing that the 31103 is back on in my CXFA engine (150ps+DSG). Last time was in March (2367 km ago). Then I took it VW-service to get recorded and resetted.

Interesting thing is that it did not turn on the engine light then, and this has not either- yet.
I'll let this stay in there, so let's see...
Anyways, emailed the code to the VW-service. Am I a good customer? o_O

1 Fault Found:
31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
P20EE 00 [100] - Efficiency too Low
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 22931 km

Hi Guys, back and refreshed having not had my "Regret" anywhere near me and no contact from VW.

Back to normality. VW fitted a new EGR valve at the advice of the factory, although it looked ok. They test drove it 400 odd miles while I was away and no EML. I've picked it up and put another 200 odd miles and all seems well. Still expect it to come on but we will see. If it goes past 350 miles of my own driving then that will be the most it would have done, I really hope this is the end of it.

Next fight will be compensation, or "Good Will" as VW call it. VW brand asked me is there anything I wanted, VW accessories etc. I said first off until I've done at least 400 miles I'm not happy to close this issue and the only accessory would be a Removable Tow Bar and the required wiring. He said it looked like it came to approx £1500 which could be too much. I said it won’t cost you that and that's the least I expect from them. He said he will talk to the dealers as most of it is labor cost and get back to me next week. I should also get some money back from the finance company too.

Hi Guys, back and refreshed having not had my "Regret" anywhere near me and no contact from VW.

Back to normality. VW fitted a new EGR valve at the advice of the factory, although it looked ok. They test drove it 400 odd miles while I was away and no EML. I've picked it up and put another 200 odd miles and all seems well. Still expect it to come on but we will see. If it goes past 350 miles of my own driving then that will be the most it would have done, I really hope this is the end of it.

Next fight will be compensation, or "Good Will" as VW call it. VW brand asked me is there anything I wanted, VW accessories etc. I said first off until I've done at least 400 miles I'm not happy to close this issue and the only accessory would be a Removable Tow Bar and the required wiring. He said it looked like it came to approx £1500 which could be too much. I said it won’t cost you that and that's the least I expect from them. He said he will talk to the dealers as most of it is labor cost and get back to me next week. I should also get some money back from the finance company too.
Hope you had a great break and good to see things seem a bit more positive from VW - though with the saga you've had with them I wouldn't put it past the to have taken the bulb out of the EML!! :)

I think you are right to hold off confirming and/or accepting the level of any compensation until you know the problem is finally fixed.

Good luck mate and keep the updates coming!

Glad your back on the road in the van, refreshed, relaxed, and sans EML.
Fingers, toes, arms all crossed that it all works.
What a cheeky b*****d saying what would be too much, quite frankly they need to bend over. As per previous posts I would not be looking to make any form of settlement until I had ran the van for a month or so, so think you are doing the right thing insisting on that, stick to your guns.

1500 Quid he is having a laugh VW has it priced around 5-600 quit if you have it though admitidly mine was factory fitted, they sell it as an assecory

1500 Quid he is having a laugh VW has it priced around 5-600 quit if you have it though admitidly mine was factory fitted, they sell it as an assecory
When I asked the dealer myself he said the same. From memory I think the removable tow bar is £700 and the wiring is around £600 all plus the vat. I think the wiring alone is six hours labor.
That's not a lot, considering I've had issues for over half the life of the van and it's only just over seven months old. Don't look good for the future, good job I have the extend warranty.

When I asked the dealer myself he said the same. From memory I think the removable tow bar is £700 and the wiring is around £600 all plus the vat. I think the wiring alone is six hours labor.
That's not a lot, considering I've had issues for over half the life of the van and it's only just over seven months old. Don't look good for the future, good job I have the extend warranty.
If thats the prices they are working on then seriously i would consider asking them for something else and paying to get it done somewhere else, thats assuming they have something else that you would want. (full servicing package and extended warranty ? would be worth over a grand if you could utilise it ? and would hit the local dealer at all as funded by UK)
I paid around £500 for a OE westfalia detachable unit integrated with van wiring, my local dealer quoted me over a grand + vat to do the exact same kit fitted.

If thats the prices they are working on then seriously i would consider asking them for something else and paying to get it done somewhere else, thats assuming they have something else that you would want. (full servicing package and extended warranty ? would be worth over a grand if you could utilise it ? and would hit the local dealer at all as funded by UK)
I paid around £500 for a OE westfalia detachable unit integrated with van wiring, my local dealer quoted me over a grand + vat to do the exact same kit fitted.
Do you know which one (The dealers 0r Westfalia) looks best when detached i.e more discrete?

Westfalia is OE as far as I know, that's identical to what I have and the same as the dealer was going to retrofit

this is reassuring to hear as I'm waiting to get mine (150dsg).

Did anything ever come of the Cruise +-5mph thing?

Back