MTB rack/stand

The axles seem to be available still on ebay 4 for £9.95 item number 380288531765. Our MTBs have a 9mm axles but the 10mm fits fine.

I’m currently storing bikes upright strapped round the head tube (pics for reference) and this is great when carrying two bikes however with 3 space becomes an issue in terms of keeping bikes separate. Also the bars will end up damaging the carpet lining once it’s done!
I had seen a folding rack somewhere that held the bikes from the wheels but can’t think what it was called…….
Anyone got and good solutions? Not scared of a little bit of DIY

View attachment 150341
Check out bikestow BikeStow - Bike racks for van, home, and office - UK Made
I am a cycle mechanic and use the 4 bike version for mine and customers bikes and works really well

I’ve been looking for a solution which can utilise the seat rail system like you get in the VW California. I specced my conversion with the OEM VW sliding seat bench as I want to be able to move the seats right forward and then put my bike in the back if I want.

I had an idea I could anchor a fork mount using the same rails the seats utilise and was searching the internet for rail cleats/anchors. Pleased to say I found a company that not only does anchor points but a fork mount with an anchor that uses the VW California rail system. Sharing in case anyone else is looking for this:

I’ve been looking for a solution which can utilise the seat rail system like you get in the VW California. I specced my conversion with the OEM VW sliding seat bench as I want to be able to move the seats right forward and then put my bike in the back if I want.

I had an idea I could anchor a fork mount using the same rails the seats utilise and was searching the internet for rail cleats/anchors. Pleased to say I found a company that not only does anchor points but a fork mount with an anchor that uses the VW California rail system. Sharing in case anyone else is looking for this:

Nice one, great find and thanks for sharing

Back