MTB rack/stand

timthetinyhorse

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’m currently storing bikes upright strapped round the head tube (pics for reference) and this is great when carrying two bikes however with 3 space becomes an issue in terms of keeping bikes separate. Also the bars will end up damaging the carpet lining once it’s done!
I had seen a folding rack somewhere that held the bikes from the wheels but can’t think what it was called…….
Anyone got and good solutions? Not scared of a little bit of DIY

B39C62F8-9AD2-4AE6-8282-8810869FECA2.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to make up a removable plate with some “BloK fork mounts” on. Doesn’t hold the wheel though.

Daft as it sounds, I have used a towbar mounted bike carrier to hold two bikes together, inside the van. Sure you could do the same with a 3 bike carrier.
Cheers
mark

Those Bikestows are very good, I had a look at one recently. They are expensive but very nicely made, flat pack in seconds for storage etc.

Bikestow is what i was thinking of but some good alternative ideas there thanks!!

Might have a go at making up a bikestow style thing.

I’m currently storing bikes upright strapped round the head tube (pics for reference) and this is great when carrying two bikes however with 3 space becomes an issue in terms of keeping bikes separate. Also the bars will end up damaging the carpet lining once it’s done!
I had seen a folding rack somewhere that held the bikes from the wheels but can’t think what it was called…….
Anyone got and good solutions? Not scared of a little bit of DIY

View attachment 150341
These?

www.fortywinksuk.com/internal-bike-rack

Deffo going to go down the self build route! Some great ideas for sure! Have half height bulkhead in so not worried about bikes flying forward

These look good

What are the best value front axle mounts for mtb's?
Ones that can be changed between 15x110 and 100 q/r, ie. possibly interchangeable end caps? After a pair I can mount to a piece of ply/Ali and bolt to the cali rails...

Back