Moto Gp 2018

Who is going to win the 2018 Moto GP Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, what do you think of Neil Hodgson?
I can live with him as a pundit, but feel he falls short as a commentator!

Imo he lacks passion, and talks about anything but what’s happening on the race track.

Your thoughts?

Way prefer him over Toseland. Like Hodgy as both pundit and commentator. Find Keith Huwein a bit rubbish.

German GP, more interesting than thrilling, yet good to watch.

Good result for Rossi, nobody looked like stopping Márquez.

What can you say about Cal Crutchlow? He’s got himself up around 4/5th in most races, if he just stayed on the track!!

Where’s Zarco, the last couple of races?

Another great race, with no holds barred!! :thumbsup:

I just think we missed out on watching some of the other great battles, going on behind the top 4 or 5 they didn’t show on tv.. not the best tv coverage today.

I thought that when watching it today, don’t remember seeing anyone outside of the front group after the first ten laps !

Not that different in terms of tv coverage to normal. I often think that you see hardly anything of the stuff further down the pack.

Thought it was a good race, was convinced the person in 3rd was being held up and was going to get past and win the race, until their tyres fell off the cliff. Great battle and overtakes/ counter overtakes for the last 10 laps up to the finish line.

I have just driven past the circuit on my way home from Milton Keynes. Only live 15-20 mins from the track. It is properly wet here, so let’s hope that clears up for qualifying tomorrow as well as race day.
No i’m not going. As much as the atmosphere is awesome, you get to see so much more on Television. Plus I haven’t had a bike in 13 years, and it’s just not the same when you don’t arrive on one. Last time I went was 2010.

I have just driven past the circuit on my way home from Milton Keynes. Only live 15-20 mins from the track.

You are right, you do get to see much more on tv, but I love going to watch live sport, if I lived 20mins away I’d have a season ticket lol.

Last time I was there for the MotoGP was 2011

I was there in 2010.

Had BT Sport on all day. I kept watching the rain fall at home, thinking “oooooh that’s gonna hit the circuit shortly”, and sure enough it did.
Not looking good for tomorrow, they reckon 15mm of rain is going to fall in 3 hours during race time.
Chaos today with less than 1mm of rain.
Horror crash for Tito. He’s no doubt going to be getting some ironmongery added to Tib/ Fib/ and Femur. And as if that weren’t bad enough he dislocated his knee as well.

Well if they are having another meeting at 15:00 to decide if to go racing or not, I can’t see them going. It has just started belting down here again, so that’ll arrive at the track right in time for that meeting!

Well that was disappointing.
It stopped raining here at 15:30 and hasn’t rained since.
:mad:.

Im still here now in the Campsite.......

Absolutly gutted about today, dissapointing result! Someone has made some bad decisions regarding the resurfacing etc

It was bad but the levels and surface type certainly didnt help, there was water pooling because it couldn’t get away

I've been here every year and we’ve had some pretty miserable weather before but never anything standing like there was today. The BSB the year Hutchy had his accident was torrential but they still managed to run it

Worryingly, the next round is Misano and the Formula 3 got red flagged there today due to rainfall and standing water........

It was bad but the levels and surface type certainly didnt help, there was water pooling because it couldn’t get away

I've been here every year and we’ve had some pretty miserable weather before but never anything standing like there was today. The BSB the year Hutchy had his accident was torrential but they still managed to run it

Worryingly, the next round is Misano and the Formula 3 got red flagged there today due to rainfall and standing water........

It is a worry. What year was it when WSBK was run there and Bayliss binned it like 3 times and still came third? :cool:

It’s a worry. It’s not like racetracks are a new thing. And Paul Ricard is actually equipped with sprinklers so that they can add water. It doesn’t need to be an event killer.
No chance that BRDC skimped a bit on resurfacing budget, is there? o_O

Not much action in the MotoGP apart from a few laps.

Moto2 was an ok race, but what was Romano Fenati thinking grabbing the front brake of Stefano Manzi at 135mph..

I thought the bangs leading up to this was bad, but should be at least a years ban for his actions
37DF301A-A049-47C5-9C46-449B24D92D98.jpeg

Moto2 was an ok race, but what was Romano Fenati thinking grabbing the front brake of Stefano Manzi at 135mph..

I thought the bangs leading up to this was bad, but should be at least a years ban for his actions
View attachment 28235

He's been sacked as well, MV boss has spoken and won't be riding from them again.

View attachment 28235
I didn’t see that one, I recorded all of the races though. Got back late last night so just watched the GP, reckon i’ll be watching the Moto2 race tomorrow evening.
Good to see the winner of the GP race back on the top step. Reckon it is too tall an order for anyone to challenge Marquez for the championship though. Whilst he is guaranteed at least one crash during the weekend, it never seems to be on race day. He pushes and pushes till he finds the limit of adhesion, then hits the deck. But then he knows where that limit lies, so rides up to it, but not over it in the race. He needs to not score in at least two races to bring the championship back to any type of alternate possibility.

You don’t see much during the race as it wasn’t caught live just a little replay snippet near the end

Status
Not open for further replies.