Moto Gp 2018

Who is going to win the 2018 Moto GP Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched it online, that is crazy! Like the quote from Cal Crutchlow, “his team should’ve kicked him straight out the back door of the garage”.
Got to say a two race ban is a bit gutless.

Manzi could've easily died as a result of his actions.
I said a year, as they’d never give him a life ban, ( but I think he should have )

...but as @RussGT6 said..

He's been sacked as well, MV boss has spoken and won't be riding from them again.

We will not see him race again.

I remember the 2006 Catalan GP race where Sete Gibernau hit the back of Capirossi’s seat with his front brake lever going in to the first corner. That is what led to the introduction of the lever guard.
Coupled with Pirro’s crash a couple of weeks ago; just goes to show you can’t feck about with the front brakes on these bikes.

The race was red flagged for quite a while, and I remember a shot of Capirossi walking down the steps out of the medical centre; he looked like he had just climbed out of a spin dryer, he was white as a sheet and looked absolutely knackered.

So fellow Moto GP addicts, it pains me to say this, but; is anyone else getting totally disenfranchised with how this season is going? For me Thailand summed it up perfectly; mid race, and the 12th place rider was faster than the leader. Then the “race” actually only started on the last lap. The other overtakes by the leading 3 were only facilitated by the then leader rolling the throttle.

The trouble is when someone like MM is so dominant it does get a bit boring, he just seems to have an extra 10% in his back pocket.

So fellow Moto GP addicts, it pains me to say this, but; is anyone else getting totally disenfranchised with how this season is going? For me Thailand summed it up perfectly; mid race, and the 12th place rider was faster than the leader. Then the “race” actually only started on the last lap. The other overtakes by the leading 3 were only facilitated by the then leader rolling the throttle.
I have been thinking this recently, since when have they been doing this, its becoming annoying and ruining it. Dont really understand why, they keep mentioning maps and tyres but this has always been the case so why different now?

Agree with both the points above.
MM is an incredible rider, and 5 premiership titles in 6 years says all it needs to, plus his 125 and moto 2 titles will make a grand total of 7. That’s only 2 behind VR. I think MM has the potential to go beyond VR’s accolade. What I just can’t fathom is how he can wreck bike after bike over the weekend, but hardly ever throw it down the road on race day. And that I think is why it always seems as though he is riding with a spare 10% in his pocket. He has exploited the limits of the bike and the track and therefore knows exactly what he can do and where.

I think the mapping and electrics have got more dominant in the past year or 2, which seems to sum up why Yamaha have gone from the front to mid pack. Electronics have taken such a significant step forward it’s almost as if the rider is no longer having to ride the bike.

You are right, as much as I dont like MM he is an amazing rider, spends 2 days riding the bike to the limit and crashing, then having spare in the bag on sunday.

You are right, as much as I dont like MM he is an amazing rider, spends 2 days riding the bike to the limit and crashing, then having spare in the bag on sunday.
No i’m not a fan of his, but you do have to take your hat off to how he can ride a motorbike. Really hoped Dovi could get the better of him this year, but the 3 non finishes he has had has wiped out any chance.

Well that’s it, all over with 3 rounds still to go. Well done to the 17 of you that correctly predicted the 2018 champion. Shame that most of the races so far have been rather gash. Let’s hope next year is somewhat more exciting, or I may have to take up watching a different sport; perhaps tiddlywinks would have more overtakes and be a more “edge of the seat” affair.

Ha ha, I agree not the best season by a long shot but still love it lol.
Sort the tyres and back to normal hopefully.

Un-be-flipping-leavable!!!!
Only two races till the end of the season, and we finally get treated to a great wheel to wheel bit of racing.
Thank god for Phillip Island, possibly one of the only races to look back on for this year and think “now that was a proper bit of racing”.

Awesome to see Bautista riding the wheels off Lorenzo’s bike, wonder if Ducati are silently kicking themselves for giving it to Petrucci for 2019, and Alvaro being ejected from the paddock bound for WSB. Still, if the new V4 Ducati for 2019 WSB is any good, it could be great to see him riding up at the front.

Great also to see Bradley Smith spend most of the race well inside the top 10.

And then there is the incredible irony. Hasn’t had any other round all year where he hasn’t scored points, wraps up world championship, and then fails to score when a motorbike gets lobbed at him at 200mph. He must have a shamrock somewhere, cos that has to be the luck of the Irish?

Only got around to watching today..
Fantastic race!

Un-be-flipping-leavable!!!!
Only two races till the end of the season, and we finally get treated to a great wheel to wheel bit of racing.

You could literally throw a blanket over the top 5 from lights to flag!

I been asking where’s Zarco been for the last half of the season.. we seen him on Sunday.. and very lucky to see him walking away from that.

I had flashbacks to this...
37df301a-a049-47c5-9c46-449b24d92d98-jpeg.28235

Let’s hope they all want to play this weekend?

Yes, a mental crash. It just goes to show how much distance is travelled when braking 0.1 of a second later than the rider in front of you. when riding that close it’s never gonna end well.
Completely collapsed his rear shock absorber.

Fantastic race to watch.. conditions horrendous.
More riders would have made it to the end of an Agatha Christie novel.

I’m looking forward to MotoGP 2019 already :)

Fantastic race to watch.. conditions horrendous.
More riders would have made it to the end of an Agatha Christie novel.

I’m looking forward to MotoGP 2019 already :)
I have been totally disappointed by this season. Great last race though.
Let’s hope that 2019 is more lively. Lorenzo on a Honda is gonna be either awesome or horrific. He’s gonna have to really “ride” it.
Don’t reckon Rossi is gonna get his 10th title though.

Totally agree, disappointing season apart from a few good races, hope next is better.
Yes unless Yamaha produce an better bike Rossi cannot improve on this season. I think the young guns have it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.