Mk 2 Golf restoration forum?

drinfinity

VIP Member
T6 Legend
For curious reasons, I have a Mk2 Golf Ryder which has been sat in a garage for 20 years. Soon to be 17 daughter has decided it would be the coolest thing ever, and wants to get it running again.

I’ve got a fair idea of what I’m doing with it, but it would be great to find a forum as knowledgeable as this one so I can learn from everyone else. Any recommendations?

There's also Club GTI and GolfGTI forum. Most forums are really quiet theses days, but the historic information is still there.

This is a great source for parts too.

You're at least 10 years too late for MK2 Golf Forums, its all moved to Facebook now.

Clubgti still has some activity, and plenty info. The Clubgti Facebook page is also where you'll find most of the decent posters from the forum.

Thanks for the tips, I’m trying out the Mk2 Golf Enthusiasts page on FB, as it seems to be fairly active. I’ve bookmarked a few things from Heritage Parts Centre too. We are heading up tomorrow to roll away the stone and see if it can be resurrected.

Turns out the floods and time had got the better of it. Pistons corroded, so whilst the body was in decent shape, the engine was seized beyond repair. Thanks to @MK2Golf24v I found a Facebook forum, and it is sold to an enthusiast. Looks like we are needing another (slightly less gnarly) project!

IMG_2095.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

Back