mirrors too wide for my garage

thebueso

Hello everyone.
I have a width problem with my van, it not fit into my garage. The mirrors are the problem, the way that they fold it's not enought to come across my garage door.
I'm thinking about the posibility of exchange my original exteriors mirrors by anotherone not OEM that fold more than the originals.
Anyone know if there is some mirrors that will fit into the T6 and fold more than the originals?
Regards!

Hello everyone.
I have a width problem with my van, it not fit into my garage. The mirrors are the problem, the way that they fold it's not enought to come across my garage door.
I'm thinking about the posibility of exchange my original exteriors mirrors by anotherone not OEM that fold more than the originals.
Anyone know if there is some mirrors that will fit into the T6 and fold more than the originals?
Regards!
It maybe you only option to fit after market mirrors and arms. Perhaps the old-fashioned loop type arm that is seen on some older commercial transit pickups. It would mean drilling new mountings in the door.

This sort of thing commercialvehicle mirror arms at DuckDuckGo

This sort of thing on a smaller scale, I have done something similar on a military truck by pushing the mounting arm as far forward as it could go. I could then see the side mirror through the front screen with excellent viewing and the image was always in front I did not need to look sideways at all. The bonus what that the mirrors stayed very narrow and hardly projected to the side at all.

It would work on this sort not elegant but just an idea. Cameras and monitors are a very good idea though!

It maybe you only option to fit after market mirrors and arms. Perhaps the old-fashioned loop type arm that is seen on some older commercial transit pickups. It would mean drilling new mountings in the door.
Thank you for the info! I have been looking for some after market models, but there is no one that fit without a complicated work in the original doors. Also another issue it's that there is no way back if I do all this work... Imagine that there is a legal problem altering the mirrors...

Thank you for the info! I have been looking for some after market models, but there is no one that fit without a complicated work in the original doors. Also another issue it's that there is no way back if I do all this work... Imagine that there is a legal problem altering the mirrors...
How much more space is needed to clear the mirrors

Leave it on the drive! Job done.
This is the actual situation, but there is large periods of time that I don't move the van... In my city the winters are very hard, and in summer it's very hot... and I have so much space in my garage!

Back