Mirror Height when folded

EAN

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Could someone with a standard ride height t6.1 or t6 van be so kind as to measure the height of their folded mirrors in the folded position (at the bottom edge and top edge).
I’ve roughly scaled off the VW technical drawing and reckon the lower edge is somewhere around 120cm and upper edge 155cm but would like confirmation.
I’ve just been let down by my garage door installer who now can’t install my new roller door behind the brickwork of my garage until a couple of weeks after I will be getting my new T6.1 camper.
Needed to ditch the existing up and over to gain more width by removing the frame to make it easier to get it in.
Now I’ve got a problem because my insurance specifically requires it to be kept in a locked garage on my policy and thats what I’ve stated.
So I’m going to be taking a saw to the frame as a temporary measure, but only want to cut out what is necessary vertically.
Horizontally I’m going to take as much as I can but will still be limited by the metal up and over guides.
it’s going to be a really tight squeeze.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist with the measurements.

@EAN Just measured my t6.1 t32 Kombi and it’s 122 to the bottom and 154cm to the top of the mirror when folded (approximately!). Hope this helps. Alan

how do you get out :laugh:
:)
It’s a double garage, so just step between the seats and exit through the sliding door.
Once the roller doors are fitted I’ll be able to put it in either way round, but it’s quite handy to have access to the side door.

Back