Min To Max On Dipstick - how much oil?

BRABUS

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We have a 22 plate T6.1 and the oil level is now on absolute minimum level. How much oil does it take to top it up to full.

The reason I ask us that this is a Motability vehicle so I am not allowed to top it up. This is the 2nd time I have brought it to VW to be done, last time they did nothing but said they had topped it up.

I have brought it in again and the person in service is very “hostile” and has already been making comments to say that “if it doesn’t need topping up we can’t do anything”.

Well here is a picture of the dipstick at cold, what do you think, does it need oil and how much?

IMG_6392.jpeg

The reason I ask us that this is a Motability vehicle so I am not allowed to top it up
Looks low to me, who’s going to know if you top it up?
The expansion ‘explanation’ from VW is BS in my opinion as when doing the calculations using the coefficient of expansion it doesn’t pass.

From my notes that I keep:

OIL: Half full on hatch section when COLD, otherwise at the top when HOT

As @DXX says, who’ll know? It’s a consumable so top-ups for fair usage is expected, but as @roadtripper states some engines do use more, meaning there may be an issue. What power engine is your Shuttle?

See this:

and

I would just buy some of the right oil and top it up a little, then see how far it rises on the dipstick.

No-one will know, and you are protecting your engine.

Pete

Back