Good job. One of my concerns is its a two man job. With the expense of buying tools I doubt I would ever use again I might bottle out of this and pay an expert.

I put a glass in a sliding a few years ago, the reason behind using the sliding door was that if I messed it up I could change the whole door. The glass was a nightmare to out in so the rest were put in by a professional
Have to say you look like you are doing ok

I could fit the rest fine but wonder if they would be up to a standard I was happy with. ie. perfect lines, no visible sealant.

I went with the same thought as you, try and door first that way it could easily be replaced.

I think I rushed the final part, should have waited for help.

So window you did, still in or had the pros redo it?

I left the window in and sent the van away to get the others put in. I bought some fibreglass window trims from eBay to try and tidy the inside up but they were to flimsy so I had some machined in moisture resistant MDF and carpeted them. They done the job and looked pretty good.

The next day.. Windows still there..

Well the morning after the windows not on the floor smashed.

From a distance, it looks really good.

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

It's not until you get closer you see the bad points. The window is not high enough, its showing the sealant at the top.

Think it's coming out and I'll try again.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Really pleased with the windows from CamperGlass, perfect tint from the outside but super bright on the inside.

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

You can see through if you cup your hands and look through..

IMG_0702.jpg

Modifying the seat trim..

To get the seat into the lowest position the seat trim has to be modified to not hit the lever.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

Annoying part, it won't turn with the double seat next to it..

Time to sort a captain seat and get bed and cabinets ordered.

Would be interested to know how people get rid of excess window sealant.

Made the same mistake as you when I fitted my tailgate window. First fit - didnt push hard enough and it leaked. Took it out (easier said than done) and tried again. This time pushed too hard and the sealant oozed out the side in places. It doesnt help that the van is white... Cleaned it up best I could but its not perfect but havent got the heart to take it out again...

Would be interested to know how people get rid of excess window sealant.

Made the same mistake as you when I fitted my tailgate window. First fit - didnt push hard enough and it leaked. Took it out (easier said than done) and tried again. This time pushed too hard and the sealant oozed out the side in places. It doesnt help that the van is white... Cleaned it up best I could but its not perfect but havent got the heart to take it out again...

I'm sure there are tricks of the trade to clean it up.. I also expect they don't put so much on.

How did you pull it out? was it easy? I assume you mean after it was cured completely..

I chickened out...

Its back at Berkshire Campers.. I chickened out with doing the rest and to best honest didn't have the time to get it to the standard I wanted.

IMG_0771.jpg

Its missing a few panels now!

IMG_0776.jpg

Carpet is looking spot on..

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

More pictures to follow once done.

Its looking great.

I don't blame you to be honest. Was the carpeting done before or after the holes were cut?

I can't decide if to go one colour like you or charcoal/smoke 2 tone.

Does your floor go under the sliding door plastic step trim?

Cheers Pal..

They cut holes, carpet and then fit windows so they can wrap the carpet around the metal edge to give a pro look.

I wanted darker interior but seen some that look proper dark. If I'm away in it I think I will be thankful for the lighter shade.

The current step is the standard one.. it doesn't. I have the VAN X version in the garage that I will fit once the vinyl is down. I'm fitting the deeper kombi step which should be fine, I hope!

Finishing Lining and insulation.

Back to work on the bus..
IMG_0843.jpg

Finishing off the sound proofing and insulation.

IMG_0844.jpg

Couldn't decide how to do the vapour layer. Originally I was going to tape it to the body but decided to fix it to the ply panels instead.

IMG_0845.jpg

More ply lining..

IMG_0847.jpg

One side done, not sure I like the hidden clips.. Will see how they go, but might end up using some normal clips to fix them hard in place.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Oops those rear rims are wide the panels actually touch the tyres.

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

Been finishing the tailgate this evening.. Managed to get the tailgate LEDs fitted. They work very well and are touch sensitive so can turn them off when inside the van.

Will need to screw them in place tomorrow.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Starting to take shape..

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Back