M1 certificate for inspection in France

R J M

I'm going through the painful and long-winded process of trying to register my T6 conversion as a campingcar in France. I need all sorts of certificates, most of which my transformer has been able to supply, but he doesn't have one for the rock'n'roll bed. It's a Caledonian Blade 2 which apparently is M1 tested by STATUS. Does anyone have a copy of this certificate of testing, please? I'd be very grateful as without this I won't be able to get through the inspection.
Thanks!

OK I've found the relevant M1 certificate - I actually had it already in my file but the inspector asked for it, and I panicked!
I would delete this thread if I could see how to.

Glad you got it sorted out. As @CAB says, just click report on your original post and ask a moderator to delete the thread

As above @R J M you can always hit the Report button if you need a moderator’s attention.
But i think this thread serves purpose as anyone else wishing to relocate / register in France will benefit from knowing that they’ll need certification. If you get time to tell us more about the inspection process that would be great info to have.
Glad you got it sorted!

Reactions: CAB
Next challenge in the immatriculation saga for my VW T6 campervan conversion in France. I had my inspection with DREAL, and they wanted me to add in interior rear-view mirror, OK, done that. Also to get fog light changed from R to L, hopefully VW garage can recode that for me next week with their 'valise'.

But they also want me to drive to Paris, a 6-hour drive, to have the angles of vision of my wing mirrors tested by UTAC (a British company doing rather well out of Brexit, it seems). This is so bizarre, as my partner managed to import a Dacia car with RHD set-up with no problem. But I've asked whether I could just change the mirrors rather than going through the rigmarole of driving up there (money), getting tested (more money), maybe being told to change the mirrors ...

So what would happen if I change RHD to LHD wing mirrors? Surely this wouldn't help much as I am sitting on the right, I still need the angles to work from there. I don't feel there is a problem, as I have adjusted the mirrors to be able to see fine. But the partial Certificate of Conformity from VW France mentioned retroviseurs, so something has to be done.

I don't really understand what they want you to do either, like you say you're not changing your seating position from right to left so fitting LHD mirrors might mean you can't get the adjustment you need to be able to see from the right seat.

I have imported a car from NL to the UK before and other than headlights, speedo and the fog/reverse light switchover I had nothing else to do.

So what would happen if I change RHD to LHD wing mirrors? Surely this wouldn't help much as I am sitting on the right, I still need the angles to work from there
I agree, that doesn’t make sense.
Perhaps adding some blind spot mirrors yes, but will they take this?

Back