Air Quality Certificate France?

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I found out yesterday that France has recently introduced a new scheme for certain areas in the country, including the Paris ring road, where a vehicle needs to apply for an Air quality certificate: Demander son certificat | Service de délivrance des certificats qualité de l’air - Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire
From my reading it's the law and if you don't have one of these, you are liable for a fine, which is not a big deal because it's only a case of applying for one through the above link, and a paying 3.11 euros plus postage, then you receive a sticker that indicates the level of pollution your vehicle emits.

All simple, however as part of the registration process it's asking for an upload of your logbook. I've found that a simple picture of the logbook is fine, but it won't let you upload anything higher than 400kb.

Does anyone know how to convert a standard photo to comply with this requirement?

Last edited:
Can’t you save it as a lower quality jpeg image? Most image viewing apps have the ability to do this.

Can’t you save it as a lower quality jpeg image? Most image viewing apps have the ability to do this.

I've looked through Google photos, and it won't give me an option to reduce the size, which is currently 968kb.

Try MS Paint to reduce the quality and size of the photo.
Convert to a GIF file with reduced colours.
Reduce the JPG quality using IRFANVIEW Its small and freeware.

The easiest way is to email the photo to yourself, it will give you the option to send the photo as small, medium,large or full size - small is perfect.

Try MS Paint to reduce the quality and size of the photo.
Convert to a GIF file with reduced colours.
Reduce the JPG quality using IRFANVIEW Its small and freeware.

Just tried this, but it attaches all sorts of extra junk that my Mac warned not to download.

The easiest way is to email the photo to yourself, it will give you the option to send the photo as small, medium,large or full size - small is perfect.

Tried this first, but my AOL or Gmail accounts no longer give an option to send in different sizes like they used to.

I've given up now and my wife will scan it at work to see if this reduces the size.
I'm a bit miffed that neither Google photos, or iPhoto's have this option, but bored of faffing about now. :mad:

Thanks anyway.

Just tried this, but it attaches all sorts of extra junk that my Mac warned not to download.

Tried this first, but my AOL or Gmail accounts no longer give an option to send in different sizes like they used to.

I've given up now and my wife will scan it at work to see if this reduces the size.
I'm a bit miffed that neither Google photos, or iPhoto's have this option, but bored of faffing about now. :mad:

Thanks anyway.

Thanks anyway.
I know you said you have given up but......if you go to iPhoto chose the pic then go to File and in the dropdown box 'Export' then the next option box that opens photo kind is already set to jpeg so go all the way to the right past the blue option boxes and there is a box with an arrow in it - press this and another box opens with the options you need. All a bit hidden away but hope this helps

That’s interesting - I have followed the link and can’t work out precisely which parts of France it applies to. We are off to France in July and don’t want to get caught out by this.

Can anyone else see where it applies ?

Thanks,

Pete

That’s interesting - I have followed the link and can’t work out precisely which parts of France it applies to. We are off to France in July and don’t want to get caught out by this.

Can anyone else see where it applies ?

Thanks,

Pete
As of January 2018, the stickers are currently in use in Paris, Lyon, Grenoble, Lille, Strasbourg and Toulouse. Between now and 2020, it is expected that some 25 areas will take part in the scheme, with the RAC anticipating Bordeaux and Rouen to join in before the end of 2018.

Perfect thanks - will get one soon as we don’t have a definitive route planned for July.

Pete

If anyone struggles to shrink your logbook image to a size that fits, I used this website Resize Images Online

It takes 2 mins to upload just the image you need to reduce, and I shrunk to 10% which was the only way it would fit within the upload limits, but worked fine and all sorted.

Thanks for the above suggestions. :thumbsup:

Back