Luke's Caravelle

A couple of snaps I found from our week away in Keswick at the end of last summer. Got the kids around Cat Bells, did a bit of rowing and wound up in Newcastle catching up with some friends and family. Good times!

Keswick.PNGKeswick2.PNG

Keswick3.PNG

Last edited:
what mud flaps to you have please? in particualy how you mounted the front without it fouling the door when you open it?

I have the OEM (copy) front flaps and they are bit chocolate teapot even with standard OEM wheels at OEM offset. These look much better!!

They are for Landrovers. Britpart. Took a bit of fettling to fit but essentially I cut them to shape and used self tappers with a washer into the plastic arch liner.

They are for Landrovers. Britpart. Took a bit of fettling to fit but essentially I cut them to shape and used self tappers with a washer into the plastic arch liner.
Thank you, does it catch on the front door at all? as the arch here is part of the door?

Time to close this thread. Sold the caravelle this weekend. Had it 5 yrs, which is more than twice as long as I've ever kept a motor for in my life! First time we've had no VW on the drive since I bought a Passat for 1k, off my brother, in 2009! New owner is off to lower it, and turn it into a Racevan style motor. I've asked for a pic when he does it. Glad I documented everything on here. Peace out! ✌️

20230407_114432.jpg

Back