Lowering The Front Suspension - Surely I Need Longer Arb Drop Links ?

catfood12

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Mates

Just installed an H & R ARB set. My van is running lowered VMaxx adjustable coilovers. Bought a set of shorter drop links to avoid any binding and keep the ARB attitude stock at the lowered level. It made sense at the point of purchase, I assumed the ARB was higher up and had links down to the lower arm.

That's not the case though, the ARB is below the fixing point on the unsprung side, which is in the side of the strut. To keep the ARB at stock non-lowered position, I'd need longer ARB links. If I put shorter ones on, the ARB is in danger of fouling the brake flexi... What have I missed ?...

front suspension.jpg

I had to fit longer ones when I recently fitted air to mine. You can lengthen the originals if you wish but that depends on how good you are at welding.
I went for 12" links, this gives me clearance to the flexi when aired out. You may get away with ones shorter than that.

I had to fit longer ones when I recently fitted air to mine. You can lengthen the originals if you wish but that depends on how good you are at welding.
I went for 12" links, this gives me clearance to the flexi when aired out. You may get away with ones shorter than that.

Coolio. So I do need to go longer. I can weld two bits of my new kit together to make longer links. :).

You will need shorter drop links only if you do the hub mod as it makes the drop link bracket closer to the hub so makes the drop links shorter

Back