ARB drop links, what's the trick? / secret.

aidanomeara

So running a t32 lowered 40mm on CRS supplied (self fitted) koni shocks and springs.

When we first fitted them we managed to thread the nut on the drivers side ARB drop link. second attempt and we thought it was all good but it started knocking and on further inspection the ARB was loose so it had destroyed the thread on the link, attempt number 3 and this time we used the Meyle HD link with the grip point on the rear, torqued it up to 60nm plus 45 degrees.....great silence now.....for 6 weeks now the knock is back, same side same knock.

Now I know the roads around here are rubbish and there are speed cushions everywhere in my estate but seriously 6 weeks before It came loose!!

So the question is, with all those lowered vans out there running perfectly, what's the trick? spring washers / loctite / anti vibration lockers? weld the bloody thing on???

When I fitted Meyle HD drop links I really wound the nuts on tight but a few weeks later they had loosened enough to cause a knock. I re-tightened them and they've been fine since, about a year ago.

Back