Lowered Handbrake Cover

SVB Accessories are also selling the Dubplastics cover (it looks identical), albeit at a slightly higher price (£46). SVB also sell a reinforced/stronger bracket to attach the actual handbrake. SVB Accessories have their own site, but they also have an eBay shop – search for user 'svb-2012'.

I've ended up buying the cover direct from Dubplastics (£38 inc delivery) and the reinforced mount from SVB (£23.99 + 4.99 delivery).

Well, my DubPlastics cover arrived. And there’s a problem - can’t seem to get it to fit. Anyone else had a problem? It’s like it’s about 1cm too narrow to clip on to the metal securing studs. Standard lowering kit was used with Sportscraft swivels. Can’t think what can be wrong

8FF720DA-6944-4B78-BCC5-46F720DC863B.jpeg

Not sure if this is your problem @Mike1969 but when i fitted the cover,it was bought from SVB along with their stronger lowering bracket which i used to replace the rather flimsy Sportscraft lowering bracket. It clipped right on to the stronger bracket but i never tried to clip in on to the Sportscraft bracket so could not really say one way or the other whether it fits. Also had to trim a piece out of the handbrake cover,hope this helps

Not sure if this is your problem @Mike1969 but when i fitted the cover,it was bought from SVB along with their stronger lowering bracket which i used to replace the rather flimsy Sportscraft lowering bracket. It clipped right on to the stronger bracket but i never tried to clip in on to the Sportscraft bracket so could not really say one way or the other whether it fits. Also had to trim a piece out of the handbrake cover,hope this helps

Hi @Martin Gibson - I’m having trouble fitting the original handbrake cover with the stronger bracket and dubplastics handbrake ‘base’ cover - the same set-up as you...

By ‘original handbrake cover’ I mean the cover for the actual ‘stick’/lever.

Any chance you have a pic showing where, and how much to cut away from the part in question?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @ched ,here you go,it will look slightly different because its been trimmed with leather but should give you an idea,hope this helpsIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2016.jpg

Hello @ched ,here you go,it will look slightly different because its been trimmed with leather but should give you an idea,hope this helps

Thats perfect @Martin Gibson – thanks for taking time to share the pics!
The cut-out is more or less where I expected it to be, but it's really useful to see it done successfully... It looks great covered in leather by the way!

Cheers.

I might have another go at ours when the weather gets better at fitting our lowering bracket. I found our swivels just clear the handbrake but fouls on the rear part of the cover so didn’t refit it. Looks a bit untidy I must admit

You’ll have to cut down an original one. You just have to cut how ever much you’ve lowered the bracket by, off the bottom of the plastic then it’ll just clip on. This is assuming that you’ve cut the old bracket off and re attached it lower. Not fitted an adapter that some swivel plates come with.

Genuine OEM new vw transporter T5 or T6 handbrake cover | eBay
It won’t though as the lowered kit pushes the hand brake further out as well as down

It won’t though as the lowered kit pushes the hand brake further out as well as well as down
You’ll have to cut down an original one. You just have to cut how ever much you’ve lowered the bracket by, off the bottom of the plastic then it’ll just clip on. This is assuming that you’ve cut the old bracket off and re attached it lower. Not fitted an adapter that some swivel plates come with.

Genuine OEM new vw transporter T5 or T6 handbrake cover | eBay

Back