Loose bolt from seat removal

Daisy19

VIP Member
I have just removed my front bench seat and replaced with a captains seat and a kiravans swivel base with built in safe. The 2 floor bolts nearest the handbrake have become problematic. One of them was removed but the securing nut on the underneath has fallen down. The other bolt is loose but just swivelling and won't come out.

Firstly, How do you access this part of the underneath of the van as I want to fit blanking plugs but obviously can't screw them into anything now. (thought the securing nuts were part of the underside of the floor pan).

Secondly any advice on how to remove the bolt that is just rotating round. I have put some penetrating oil onto it.

Can send photos if this helps explain it.

Load the photos up so we can see

Firstly, How do you access this part of the underneath of the van
Jack it up, axle stands and go under it.

Secondly any advice on how to remove the bolt that is just rotating round. I have put some penetrating oil onto it.
It sounds to me like you’ll need two people, one under the van holding the nut and the other above undoing the bolt.

I have just removed my front bench seat and replaced with a captains seat and a kiravans swivel base with built in safe. The 2 floor bolts nearest the handbrake have become problematic. One of them was removed but the securing nut on the underneath has fallen down. The other bolt is loose but just swivelling and won't come out.

Firstly, How do you access this part of the underneath of the van as I want to fit blanking plugs but obviously can't screw them into anything now. (thought the securing nuts were part of the underside of the floor pan).

Can send photos if this helps explain it.
Did you resolve the problem Daisy19? I have the same issue right now and the loose old seat bolts are massively frustrating.

Back