Handbrake Cable

nd5mith

Heating Engineer
I have removed the front seat and handbrake a few times and put back with no issues, until today!

Whilst putting the seat back in the handbrake cable is now too short to put back into the handbrake lever, has anyone come across this before, it is around 2/3 inches shorter than when i removed it!

Thanks!

I have removed the front seat and handbrake a few times and put back with no issues, until today!

Whilst putting the seat back in the handbrake cable is now too short to put back into the handbrake lever, has anyone come across this before, it is around 2/3 inches shorter than when i removed it!

Thanks!
I recall when refitting mine during the conversion that the cable would droop down under the van and on a few occasions I’d have to get under and free it off - I can’t remember if it snagged at the back where it separates to both hubs or if it was nearer the front.
It could be this.

Or it could be similar to what @Rioja John had
- he may have an update for how he got round it

I recall when refitting mine during the conversion that the cable would droop down under the van and on a few occasions I’d have to get under and free it off - I can’t remember if it snagged at the back where it separates to both hubs or if it was nearer the front.
It could be this.

Or it could be similar to what @Rioja John had
- he may have an update for how he got round it

My thinking was it has to be caught somewhere but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I guess I got to get under there and have a look then!

I have seen the issue , as the cable comes through the floor into the cab area there is a little plastic protective sleeve. This had gone off centre slightly so it was not coming through properly. Used a screwdriver just to guide it into place and job done.

Back