Lowered Handbrake Cover

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
I've lowered the handbrake to accommodate swivel bases on both front seats. In the process I did a butcher's job on the cover and now it's time to tidy it up. Does anyone know where I can find a new cover for a lowered handbrake?

You’ll have to cut down an original one. You just have to cut how ever much you’ve lowered the bracket by, off the bottom of the plastic then it’ll just clip on. This is assuming that you’ve cut the old bracket off and re attached it lower. Not fitted an adapter that some swivel plates come with.

Genuine OEM new vw transporter T5 or T6 handbrake cover | eBay

I've lowered the handbrake to accommodate swivel bases on both front seats. In the process I did a butcher's job on the cover and now it's time to tidy it up. Does anyone know where I can find a new cover for a lowered handbrake?
Any pics or advice when lowering the handbrake? I guess it’s probably easier to do with the seats still out?

You’ll have to cut down an original one. You just have to cut how ever much you’ve lowered the bracket by, off the bottom of the plastic then it’ll just clip on. This is assuming that you’ve cut the old bracket off and re attached it lower. Not fitted an adapter that some swivel plates come with.

Genuine OEM new vw transporter T5 or T6 handbrake cover | eBay

I've used an adaptor, seen here

KombiKommando's Konversion to Kamper....

Can I still find a new cover?

I've got one of these. It's not fitted yet because the stronger lowering bracket that i bought off the same seller needs trimming to stop the handbrake catching on it,but i have trial fitted it and it does fit well

I've got one of these. It's not fitted yet because the stronger lowering bracket that i bought off the same seller needs trimming to stop the handbrake catching on it,but i have trial fitted it and it does fit well
Did you manage to fit it?
I'm going to do it Tomorrow but I have no idea on how I'm going to tighten the handbrake cable.
I guess lowering it there is going to be a lot of slack and the handbrake would be useless

Hello @zlea73 ,yes its fitted. Happy with the way it looks. If i remember rightly,its just a 10mm nut to tighten the handbrake up but my memory is cack so i could be wrong,dont think it was any problem though,good luckIMG_1114.PNG

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to go over old ground but i can't find the solution that i need. I have lowered my handbrake (2019 T6) and have fitted swivel seats, all good. Does anyone know where I can buy a revised cover to suit the lower position but also allows for the lowering bracket. I have seen one, but the listing on Ebay has expired and I also found the website selling them but everything seems to be sold out. I'm not fussed if it's a revised plastic cover, vinyl, leather etc. I'm pulling my hair out as this is the final mod to the van and need something soon. Anyone made something home made maybe or have a second-hand one etc? Many thanks in advance.
Matt.

When I lowered the bracket on mine I just trimmed the bottom off the handbrake cover with a dremel, then covered it in fabric

When I lowered the bracket on mine I just trimmed the bottom off the handbrake cover with a dremel, then covered it in fabric
Is it easy to remove the original handbrake bracket and how did you re-attach please. Bolt or weld? Do you remember how much you lowered it?

Is it easy to remove the original handbrake bracket and how did you re-attach please. Bolt or weld? Do you remember how much you lowered it?
I just drilled out all the spot welds to remove it. I can't weld so got a friend of a friend to do it for a tenner, then I rubbed it down and resprayed the base satin black before refitting it. It's down as far as it'll go and still needed a tiny bit shaving off the bottom of the seat trim to avoid it when swivelling.

I just drilled out all the spot welds to remove it. I can't weld so got a friend of a friend to do it for a tenner, then I rubbed it down and resprayed the base satin black before refitting it. It's down as far as it'll go and still needed a tiny bit shaving off the bottom of the seat trim to avoid it when swivelling.
Thank you @andys.....that is the route I have decided to take.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to go over old ground but i can't find the solution that i need. I have lowered my handbrake (2019 T6) and have fitted swivel seats, all good. Does anyone know where I can buy a revised cover to suit the lower position but also allows for the lowering bracket. I have seen one, but the listing on Ebay has expired and I also found the website selling them but everything seems to be sold out. I'm not fussed if it's a revised plastic cover, vinyl, leather etc. I'm pulling my hair out as this is the final mod to the van and need something soon. Anyone made something home made maybe or have a second-hand one etc? Many thanks in advance.
Matt.
The item on EBay is made by DubPlastics / TrimTech and I messaged them yesterday. He advised they will be listing more on eBay next week.
He will message me when it goes live for sale and I will post on here when that happens :thumbsup:

Back