Handbrake lowering kits

JimDiesel

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I’ve added swivel plates to my seats and now need to lower my handbrake.

Which is the better of those available currently?

I know the brackets are pretty much what they are but it’s the gâter/shroud/cover which I’m keen to get feedback on.
Someone I know had the Kiravans one and the cover kept popping loose, I see transporter HQ now offer a cover and possibly others.
Does anyone have worthier or even come across both and able to offer some guidance?

Many thanks
Jim

Hi Jim I have done searching on this one - only come across the kirivan fabric sleeve one and the transporter hq plastic black one. All I can think that people are modifying what they have or not swivelling they drivers. The whole thing is driving me nuts trying to find a solution

I bought the Kiravans 18mm spacer bars which do allow you to spin the seats without the lowering of the handbrake, the problem was I’m over 6’2 and I’m Long bodied, with those, the added height of the swivel plate plus the poptop lining, my head would just touch the ceiling.. was very annoying, so I removed those now… 3 sets of the spacer bars to advertise on here now… lol
I’ve gone with the thq plastic cover now, I did try the Kiravans one but prefer the thq one now it’s on, it looks more like the one one, neither seem to fit brilliantly though…
Used the sportcraft lowering kit off eBay, have ended using all the adjustment on the handbrake lever itself, can’t get under my van so it’s booked in next week to have it all adjusted properly

I bought the Kiravans 18mm spacer bars which do allow you to spin the seats without the lowering of the handbrake, the problem was I’m over 6’2 and I’m Long bodied, with those, the added height of the swivel plate plus the poptop lining, my head would just touch the ceiling.. was very annoying, so I removed those now… 3 sets of the spacer bars to advertise on here now… lol
I’ve gone with the thq plastic cover now, I did try the Kiravans one but prefer the thq one now it’s on, it looks more like the one one, neither seem to fit brilliantly though…
Used the sportcraft lowering kit off eBay, have ended using all the adjustment on the handbrake lever itself, can’t get under my van so it’s booked in next week to have it all adjusted properly
20210609_094409.jpg
Fitted this gaitor to my lowered handrake. Have a look at Combe Campets You tube tutorial for their lowering kit.

I have the Combe Valley Campers lowering kit fitted but I think it has just sheared! Certainly something has broken as the handbrake is no longer secured and doesn't work. I've emailed C.V.C. to enquire if they have had any issues with their unit as they no longer sell it! They do still offer the gaiter though. I'll have a proper look at the unit tomorrow in the light but in the meantime the van is parked over the road from the lodge I am staying in on a short break as the parking space next to our lodge slopes downhill into a lake! Has anyone else had a lowering kit fail/shear?
IMG_2818.jpeg

Back