LiFePO4: Anyone fitted and used these batteries?

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm seriously thinking of buying one of these verses an AGM equivalent;
Battery Masters 100AH

Anyone purchased from Battery Masters?

I'm going to fit this at the rear of my LWB, so attracted to the weight reduction!
My solar panel will keep this topped up nicely.

Been waiting for someone to get one of these for some real world testing..

Screenshot_20200616-181834_Office.jpg

I'd like to see a YT teardown vid to see the build and BMS quality.

They seem ok for the money spec wise.

Hope you don’t mind me revisiting this post but has anyone tried these yet or have any further information?
I’ve had a good hunt around for reviews but there is very little to go on still.

Hope you don’t mind me revisiting this post but has anyone tried these yet or have any further information?
I’ve had a good hunt around for reviews but there is very little to go on still.
I ended up with the Renology equivalent, mostly due to supply issues.
So far a great battery, and if you watch any of Will Prowse YouTube videos, he’s very impressed with the tear down.
The only downside I have discovered - if there’s an internal temperature sensor it’s not reported out by the BMS.

Thanks for the extra information.
Yes there is a couple of threads running here on selecting lithium batteries and the low temp charging limits.

I'm just exploring an update for my van, mines a work/windsurf van so not a full camper and power requirements are low, days out and the occasional solo overnight, the current VSR and AGM battery (85Ah) is 6 years old now and trailing off in terms of usable capacity.
Quite like the option to go lithium, planned update is to scrap the VSR and go DC-DC with solar and tempted to try a cheap lithium.
Might end up being the first to try one of these, will keep you all posted.

A bit late, newly joined here. I have two 200ah of ultramax in service, since July 2019. No cold temp charging protection. I have external protection for that. So far wonderful, with 120A discharge on each, tested. Since this load is shared by two, they work quite comfortable, and it’s not often. My max charging is 80a ehu, 70a solar, and 30a B2B. Of course not all at once. They do disconnect at 14,6v if charged from mains. I don’t go that high on daily cycle.

A bit late, newly joined here. I have two 200ah of ultramax in service, since July 2019. No cold temp charging protection. I have external protection for that. So far wonderful, with 120A discharge on each, tested. Since this load is shared by two, they work quite comfortable, and it’s not often. My max charging is 80a ehu, 70a solar, and 30a B2B. Of course not all at once. They do disconnect at 14,6v if charged from mains. I don’t go that high on daily cycle.
Very nice,

Welcome to T6F.

Post some pics of your setup...

You must have some serious solar PV, for 70A.

What charger you got for the 80A EHU?

Hi, I will put some pictures up in due course. I have a multiplus 2kva that handles the ehu, with 80a charging the house batt and 4a for the starter. This is still valid even when not on ehu, it still trickles the starter. Solar, 600w on the roof with a 100/50 mppt and 230w on a 100/20 mppt, portable, that only gets out if we are stationary for the day. At some point, I will make them to slide out from under main panels as a awning. Still working on that. The B2B is just a victron dc-dc converter, triggered by life feed under seat on low signal. This a factory provision for GB vans conversion; becomes life when engine off, and cuts off when engine is running. Hence is on the low signal. Also I have a switch, as we only use it in winter months when not much solar. The converter does get pretty hot, so I plan to upgrade that. When we did the van the dc smart was not out yet. I also have a batt sense networked with the chargers to control low temp charging. All connected to a raspberry pi and touch display, wired on wifi, life on vrm. This is handy as I can turn on hot water remote and have not to wait for shower when we get to the van. The wifi is a Rutland rux11 router with a mimo 3/4/5G antenna on the roof. So far we had singnal everywhere. The vrm provides a geofence alert as well.
What I would done differently, is the diesel heater controller. I really need to get a afterburner so I can control that remote to. At the moment we rely on thermostatic controlled gas propex when remote, and eats in our small gas supply. Only 20L underslung. We do use our van 8-10 months of the year.

Hi, I will put some pictures up in due course. I have a multiplus 2kva that handles the ehu, with 80a charging the house batt and 4a for the starter. This is still valid even when not on ehu, it still trickles the starter. Solar, 600w on the roof with a 100/50 mppt and 230w on a 100/20 mppt, portable, that only gets out if we are stationary for the day. At some point, I will make them to slide out from under main panels as a awning. Still working on that. The B2B is just a victron dc-dc converter, triggered by life feed under seat on low signal. This a factory provision for GB vans conversion; becomes life when engine off, and cuts off when engine is running. Hence is on the low signal. Also I have a switch, as we only use it in winter months when not much solar. The converter does get pretty hot, so I plan to upgrade that. When we did the van the dc smart was not out yet. I also have a batt sense networked with the chargers to control low temp charging. All connected to a raspberry pi and touch display, wired on wifi, life on vrm. This is handy as I can turn on hot water remote and have not to wait for shower when we get to the van. The wifi is a Rutland rux11 router with a mimo 3/4/5G antenna on the roof. So far we had singnal everywhere. The vrm provides a geofence alert as well.
What I would done differently, is the diesel heater controller. I really need to get a afterburner so I can control that remote to. At the moment we rely on thermostatic controlled gas propex when remote, and eats in our small gas supply. Only 20L underslung. We do use our van 8-10 months of the year.

post some of your pics here - Seat Base Electric + EHU + Solar Install + Charger + DC-DC -- How We Done it --

here is some of the other lithium related bits:

and the rest - Dellmassive’s "How I Done It" blogs.

Back