Leisuredrive Vivante review and photos

Hi All
I have a Vivante, built to order and collected only recently. Yesterday, for the first time, I folded the front seats down flat and was really disappointed to find that they got black oil/grease marks on them, like tramlines from the runners on the seat base. I am also finding the seats really hard to move back and forward. Leisuredrive are telling me these are not known problems and offer no sensible solutions. Do any of you have any advice? This was such an expensive item and I am surprised that this is happening. I would have thought these things would be checked prior to it being released to the customer.

Hi All
I have a Vivante, built to order and collected only recently. Yesterday, for the first time, I folded the front seats down flat and was really disappointed to find that they got black oil/grease marks on them, like tramlines from the runners on the seat base. I am also finding the seats really hard to move back and forward. Leisuredrive are telling me these are not known problems and offer no sensible solutions. Do any of you have any advice? This was such an expensive item and I am surprised that this is happening. I would have thought these things would be checked prior to it being released to the customer.
Have you got any pictures of the marks? Having trouble imagining where this would come from. I find the seats in front ok to move forward/backwards but always find the seat by sliding door tricky to put back up after being flat to sleep.

Hi All
As Jacki says, just tried mine and no more difficult than a normal car seat. Not easy if you are not sitting in it, but awkward reaching around in front rather than difficult to move.

The bottom of the seat back (where the pocket is) does rest on the rails, but I have never noticed a mark. I can only assume there was some grease or oil left on them? Maybe there was an issue with moving the seats and they tried to grease them to get them moving freely?

In any case, take it back and get them to sort it. It's not fit for purpose as it is.

Hi,

We also have a Vivante (bought converted from another company as it had been used as a part ex) but ours didn't come with the board to make the double bed. We have been using an infill cushion mounted on a board which is then supported by wooden struts made from interlocking boards. However this isn't as stable as we would like. I am interested in what the official Leisuredrive solution is. If possible would you mind measuring the board they provide and also showing the fasteners to keep it in place so we can hopefully replicate this solution. We have the high top so the board should sit up above the cab with the bedding on top.
Also do you know what the board is made from and the where we could buy some?

Thank you
Here are the pics with the dimensions; let me know if you can't make them out!

It is made of the same stuff as the furniture, so 15mm (I think) whatever they use.

PICTURES OF THE UNDERSIDE / REVERSE:
(showing the locating feet which hold it against the edges of the seats)

97cm long

2021-05-10 18-22-48 - Sony.JPG

47cm wide

2021-05-10 18-22-19 - Sony.JPG

Plastic Locator lugs:

Top (kitchen) end, angled to fit the seats:

2021-05-10 18-23-29 - Sony.JPG

2021-05-10 18-23-42 - Sony.JPG

Bottom (cab) end; these are parallel:

2021-05-10 18-24-07 - Sony.JPG

2021-05-10 18-24-21 - Sony.JPG

This is it in place; I'm not sure why the velcro is on there, but at least it is easy to know which way it goes!

2021-05-10 18-26-39 - Sony.JPG

This is how it is stored, behind the seat (we have a fourth travel seat rather than a sofa):

2021-05-10 18-27-42 - Sony.JPG

As said above, we weren't supplied with the extra foot board; but our dealer is having one made for us. I will post dimensions when we get it.

Let me know if you need anything else :thumbsup:

Here are the pics with the dimensions; let me know if you can't make them out!

It is made of the same stuff as the furniture, so 15mm (I think) whatever they use.

PICTURES OF THE UNDERSIDE / REVERSE:
(showing the locating feet which hold it against the edges of the seats)

97cm long

View attachment 115510

47cm wide

View attachment 115511

Plastic Locator lugs:

Top (kitchen) end, angled to fit the seats:

View attachment 115513

View attachment 115514

Bottom (cab) end; these are parallel:

View attachment 115515

View attachment 115516

This is it in place; I'm not sure why the velcro is on there, but at least it is easy to know which way it goes!

View attachment 115517

This is how it is stored, behind the seat (we have a fourth travel seat rather than a sofa):

View attachment 115518

As said above, we weren't supplied with the extra foot board; but our dealer is having one made for us. I will post dimensions when we get it.

Let me know if you need anything else :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for your help, that's amazing.
Not sure what material is used to make furniture but I should be able to find out. I'm thinking mdf maybe?
Really appreciate your time.
Ours is 4 seats too

Reactions: CAB
Thank you so much for your help, that's amazing.
Not sure what material is used to make furniture but I should be able to find out. I'm thinking mdf maybe?
Really appreciate your time.
Ours is 4 seats too
Think it is Zebrano lightweight plywood, a lot of convertors use it.

But its not on show so doesn't need to be fancy!

If you use mdf it’s quite flexible and over a period of time May bow. It also absorbs moisture like a sponge unless you use an exterior grade. Finish wish you could paint it or use something similar to fablon to cover

If you use mdf it’s quite flexible and over a period of time May bow. It also absorbs moisture like a sponge unless you use an exterior grade. Finish wish you could paint it or use something similar to fablon to cover
Thanks, I'll look into the plywood suggested above.

Conclusion

All of the above might sound a bit negative, but really I just wanted to point out all of the practicalities and potential issues for anyone who might be looking at this type of layout, and the Vivante in particular.

In reality, we are very happy with it. Yes it has drawbacks in comparison to a standard layout, the main ones being storage and the awkwardness of the bed setup, but we are very happy with it overall.

I'm not sure it would suit a family, you may be better off with a standard layout. We like the seats being close together, we can sit diagonally to each other (one on the passenger swivel, and one on the sofa) and each put our feet up. We like the separation of seating and kitchen areas, allows me (or Mrs CAB!) to sit and relax while the other potters around.

It isn't very blingy; we didn't buy direct, but I gather Leisuredrive are not geared up for custom bling / lights / chrome / custom leather / funky coloured kitchens. No idea if you could get them to do lowered suspension, but I suspect not.

Many will not like the Leisuredrive front seats; they are necessary to make up the beds, but I imagine they are not as comfortable or customisable as standard.

We like the side-elevating roof, full height for the full length and very airy once up. Again, it's not stealth!

Now that we have bought and lived with it for a while, I have looked back at the other rear-kitchen layout vans, and most have the same problems; in fact most of them seem to have even more issues with storage then this one. Most of them will have easier beds though, with the RIB seats that fold out and can slide together.

Anyway, it's our van and we love it! Happy to answer questions or expand further on anything I have raised. I hope someone will find this review useful.
Thank you so much for this review. We will be collecting our 2019 Vivante in the next 2/3 weeks. It's very similar to yours.

Thank you so much for this review. We will be collecting our 2019 Vivante in the next 2/3 weeks. It's very similar to yours.
Hi Jennywren (Jenny is my Mum's name!), welcome to the forum! Exciting times ahead!!! Where is your first trip? (ours was on the drive during lockdown :slow rofl:)

Hopefully you find this thread useful, have a look also at Team Leisuredrive

If you have any questions before (or after!) just ask away.

Don't forget to post some pics on the Team thread when you pick it up and get away somewhere :thumbsup:

Hi Jennywren (Jenny is my Mum's name!), welcome to the forum! Exciting times ahead!!! Where is your first trip? (ours was on the drive during lockdown :slow rofl:)

Hopefully you find this thread useful, have a look also at Team Leisuredrive

If you have any questions before (or after!) just ask away.

Don't forget to post some pics on the Team thread when you pick it up and get away somewhere :thumbsup:
Well it’s 2 more weeks to pick up day and I have lots of questions! I think many will be answered when we collect the van but one thing we need to plan is how we get on without electricity hook up at home. We have our own parking spaces but not close enough to our home to plug in
We have a 3 way fridge so should we set it to gas for a while to cool before we set off on a journey or just put cold things in the fridge and hope for the best?

Well it’s 2 more weeks to pick up day and I have lots of questions! I think many will be answered when we collect the van but one thing we need to plan is how we get on without electricity hook up at home. We have our own parking spaces but not close enough to our home to plug in
We have a 3 way fridge so should we set it to gas for a while to cool before we set off on a journey or just put cold things in the fridge and hope for the best?
It'll be the longest two weeks!

If you are putting stuff in the ice box then yes, definitely put on gas for a few hours.

During the first lockdown we had several days out where we just packed the fridge and drove off, and it all seemed to be cold enough. If it were heatwave weather I would pre-cool or use some freezer packs to start with.

One thing we have found useful is a Sistema 51210 Storage Basket 5.25 L storage basket. It is a perfect fit for the bottom of the fridge, and keeps the fruit and veg together, stops it spilling out and means you can fit more in, and makes it easier to access as well. :thumbsup:

It'll be the longest two weeks!

If you are putting stuff in the ice box then yes, definitely put on gas for a few hours.

During the first lockdown we had several days out where we just packed the fridge and drove off, and it all seemed to be cold enough. If it were heatwave weather I would pre-cool or use some freezer packs to start with.

One thing we have found useful is a Sistema 51210 Storage Basket 5.25 L storage basket. It is a perfect fit for the bottom of the fridge, and keeps the fruit and veg together, stops it spilling out and means you can fit more in, and makes it easier to access as well. :thumbsup:
Thanks so much, that’s really helpful! I will look at the storage basket.

I like that, black and white.

How is she? Have you been anywhere yet?

How was the pickup and handover? Excited for you!!
We love the van. Having a few nights away locally in August and then Scotland in September! Had to give the habitation area a good sweep out when we got it home, it had never been used, just dusty from standing around for 18 months I guess.
I was unwell on pick up day (typical) and a bit disappointed it hadn’t had a proper valet tbh but didn’t like to say anything. we had the car we part exchanged valeted before taking it. I’m quite fussy so maybe expected too much.
I do find it a struggle to get in and out of so we may get some side steps fitted at some point.

We love the van. Having a few nights away locally in August and then Scotland in September! Had to give the habitation area a good sweep out when we got it home, it had never been used, just dusty from standing around for 18 months I guess.
I was unwell on pick up day (typical) and a bit disappointed it hadn’t had a proper valet tbh but didn’t like to say anything. we had the car we part exchanged valeted before taking it. I’m quite fussy so maybe expected too much.
I do find it a struggle to get in and out of so we may get some side steps fitted at some point.
It may be a Covid thing, not cleaning before a customer collects, but easy enough to sweep through!

We started with a folding step, which is fine for climbing in but felt unstable stepping out.

We now have a proper steel caravan step, look for Royal or Maypole, feels much more secure both going up and coming down out of the van, it sits behind the passenger seat when travelling.

Back