Team Leisuredrive

CAB

Leisuredrive Vivante
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Announcing …………..
Team Leisuredrive !!

leisuredrive v9.pngleisuredrive v4.png

You’ll come for the naff logos and graphics, but you’ll stay for the finest sheep wool insulation, blackout curtains, crash tested seating and beds, in-house roofs (choosing either the bathtub side lift elevating or the sleek and aesthetically stunning [so it says..] hi-top roof!), beautiful hand-crafted kitchens, fully fitted high spec Dometic appliances, a large range of upholstery, maximised storage, six-year warranty, and 50 years of experience with models refined over the years to provide superior comfort, practicality and safety when driving as well as sleeping (as the brochure says :laugh: ).

So, come on you Leisuredrive Lurkers, show us you van!

Last edited:
I know that there are a lot of Leisuredrive campervans out in the wild, but no idea how many are on T6F.

No matter, there is at least me and @Sib , and more than one makes a Team :laugh:

My comprehensive picture review of the Leisuredrive Vivante is linked below, so this thread is for all those pics of our Vivante and Crusaders being used, abused, changed, modded (but not too much !! ) and generally enjoyed at home and away.

Having picked up the van (safely!) in the middle of lockdown, this was our first weekend away. The full setup shown at Camp (Teversal C&CC), and then an afternoon sat in the sun at Hardwick Hall.

DSC_1234.JPG

DSC_1246.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sib
My wife at work so can't vent my excitement at her at the moment so need to go on here........just had an email from Leisuredrive to confirm the van is ready! :smile bounce:

Side lift makes a change. Guess it gives more height for a longer area of the van ?

My wife at work so can't vent my excitement at her at the moment so need to go on here........just had an email from Leisuredrive to confirm the van is ready! :smile bounce:
Yay!
That was quick! When do you pick up?

Saw you were getting a shade for the awning rail, guess a lot cheaper than the full Fiamma, but did you get the heater?

Last edited:
Side lift makes a change. Guess it gives more height for a longer area of the van ?
Yep, not so much of an issue with a standard conversion as you don't need the height at the back, but with a rear kitchen you need full length, or at least reversed like some convertors do.

A lot of Leisuredrive vans seem to open sideways. I live about 2 miles from there.

Reactions: CAB
A lot of Leisuredrive vans seem to open sideways. I live about 2 miles from there.
It's a big old bathtub of a roof, but it does give a very airy feeling of space inside when its up. I think the only other UK company I've seen that still does them is Bilbo.

Used to be common on the older VW conversions, but everyone has gone for flat / stealthy / scenic now!

That was quick! When do you pick up?
Next Wednesday! Also got the bits for the water tank you recommended CAB, thanks :thumbsup:

Actually there will be two new T6's in my life from next week - I'm in a Search & Rescue team and our team T6 4Motion is also due back next week after a big refit (may need to post a photo of that in the team 4 Motion thread! Too much excitement in one week :grin bounce: :grin bounce:

but did you get the heater?
I held off on the heater - couldn't afford another £1200 after the build! :laugh: I've found somewhere locally to me that can do a Planar heater for around £600/£800 fitted. So may treat the van to that later in the year.

I held off on the heater - couldn't afford another £1200 after the build! :laugh: I've found somewhere locally to me that can do a Planar heater for around £600/£800 fitted. So may treat the van to that later in the year.
You won't regret it, and your wife will be eternally grateful :laugh:

I am also waiting “patiently “ on my leisuredrive crusader. Need to stop buying stuff for it and actually wait until I get it. Sure I have bought more than I can actually use:think smile bounce:

I am also waiting “patiently “ on my leisuredrive crusader. Need to stop buying stuff for it and actually wait until I get it. Sure I have bought more than I can actually use:think smile bounce:
It's an expensive time, waiting :think smile bounce:

Also turns weeks into months!

What's your base van, new or used? Spec?

Pics when you have them! :thumbsup:

It's an expensive time, waiting :think smile bounce:

Also turns weeks into months!

What's your base van, new or used? Spec?

Pics when you have them! :thumbsup:

2018 T6 T28 102 startline in white done 25000 miles.
Hoping to get in 1st week Sept :thumbsup:

Hi-top or elevating roof? Have you gone for the awning and heater?
Elevating roof no awning wanted a drive away awning (bought vango Cruz low II air beam) No heater, love the fresh outdoors. Added the beach shower as an extra. My next decision is do I want the leisuredrive decals on or off? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back