Leisure Battery / Digital Multi Meter

UNiCAD

Firstly, for anyone about to fit a leisure battery under the passenger seat of a T6 and requiring a DC to DC charger I cant recommend enough getting the bits from Travelvolts, not only does he give you proper no bull advice he also provides a full kit with all the pre-wired cables bespoke to where you intend to fit your fuse box etc, (mines in the rear of the van).

Anyone interested in my installation let me know and I will upload some images.

I have also incorporated a panel mounted digital multi meter with the shunt wired in and set at 50 amp.

My question is:
Currently the only load on the leisure battery is from 4 x LED interior lights to the van rear with the leisure battery being continually topped up via a solar panel on the roof and PWM, float set at 13.8 etc.

With the 4 x LED's on I don't see any power or amp readings on the display at all, am i doing something wrong or just not enough load for it to register?

I will shortly also be fitting USB charging, more lighting, night heater and fridge etc.

Cheers Guys and Gals

61k6b2S0TLL._SL1000_.jpg

I’ve looked at those today. They can only measure the current one way, you really need an ammeter that can measure charge and discharge. Maybe your solar panel is supplying more power than the led’s are using at the time of reading or possibly you have a couple of wires the wrong way round on the shunt?

Only interested in the current one way, can the wires round the wrong way on the shunt make a difference then?

I’ve looked at those today. They can only measure the current one way, you really need an ammeter that can measure charge and discharge. Maybe your solar panel is supplying more power than the led’s are using at the time of reading or possibly you have a couple of wires the wrong way round on the shunt?

Back