LED Rope wing mirror indicators [Resolved]

But I had my indicator on clearly signalling my intention to cut across in front of you and occupy your lane, no, I didn't want to pull in behind you, why should I and no I didn't fight in two world wars so you could impune my innate right to push in front of anyone I choose to...

Classic example! I really don’t see how caravan driver can claim he was in the right!!! I’m sure he’d give it a go though!!!
I noticed the lane was to The South West, one less caravan dragging XXXX that makes it to Cornwall can’t be a bad thing.

I think if he’d had slammed on the brakes he would still of been hit, he was driving like it was an empty lane!

anyway, back to cycling. I have people pass too close, do turns in the road in front of me (that happened yesterday) etc etc but whenever you experience people like the git in the caravan whether in the van or on a bike you have to try to account for these people now. If I’m driving a works vehicle with a camera I might stand my ground like that guy did but mostly I wouldn’t so in a way it’s nice to see someone crash into them:)

The current discussion on smart motorways is a classic example. Basically a straight road and it’s the motorways fault that they plough into the back of someone (as always there are exceptions). What’s the excuse when they do it on an A road?

Always expect people to be dicks when driving then most encounters will be :thumbsup:

@Texxaco, apologies majorly of topic now!

@cgtmiles & @Texxaco - Apologies, I think I derailed the topic of that amazing LED rope indicator... It is very nice, did I say that? I wish I had the confidence to work with electrics.

@cgtmiles & @Texxaco - Apologies, I think I derailed the topic of that amazing LED rope indicator... It is very nice, did I say that? I wish I had the confidence to work with electrics.
Hi @Dan Morritz it wasn't as difficult as its seems, all I did was route a feed through the wing mirror into the door then through the bellows that connect the to the door where the existing wiring is routed, then fed the cable into the wing and used two T Taps to connect to the wing side indicator.

Getting the mirror glass off is easy, tilt the mirror glass all the way inwards using the electric controls then using a trim tool lift the glass from the bottom right hand side slowly.

Re the LED rope, I fed it around the outside of the mirror housing, tested it worked with the hazards then used a glue gun to stick in place.

Like I said it really wasn't that difficult, just take your time.

God, I LOVE THAT .... SO IMPRESSIVE AND LOOKS SOO GOOD! JUST WISH I HAD YOUR SKILLS TO DO THIS! BRILLIANT JOB!!!
Honestly it’s not that hard to do, I think I posted above how I did it.

Back