LED Rope wing mirror indicators [Resolved]

It’s not at bright as it looks. I sat in the van with my indicator on and had no issues viewing behind me. You do get used to the light also.

Last edited:
Reactions: DXX
I know that the rear indicators should be sufficient enough to alert other road users that you are about to make a manoeuvre, but this really does offer another layer of information for vulnerable road users like cyclists - especially if you are pulling out of a line of parked vehicles and you choose to indicate (I have two false front teeth and a few pins in my collar bone thanks to a transit that pulled out on me many years ago). Road safety and cycling are now my job, so i see massive value in seeing this mod. Nice work @Texxaco.

I know that the rear indicators should be sufficient enough to alert other road users that you are about to make a manoeuvre, but this really does offer another layer of information for vulnerable road users like cyclists - especially if you are pulling out of a line of parked vehicles and you choose to indicate (I have two false front teeth and a few pins in my collar bone thanks to a transit that pulled out on me many years ago). Road safety and cycling are now my job, so i see massive value in seeing this mod. Nice work @Texxaco.
Cheers @Dan Morritz :thumbsup:

Luckily, as I have a white van, I don’t need indicators, right?!!

Nice job @Texxaco - telephone support will be required when I do mine!!!

Fully agree.
Below is my approach, OEM alike.
My mirror indicators are not visible from the inside of the vehicle at all.
Screenshot_20210216-190310_YouTube.jpg

@Dan Morritz As a cyclist too, I'm always on the lookout for what other vehicles are likely to do, often indicated by (if vehicles have this) its body language. Adding something like this could give the driver a higher sense of security thinking they can just signal and dive into the next lane, having a ready excuse of "couldn't you see my big, extra indicators."

@Dan Morritz As a cyclist too, I'm always on the lookout for what other vehicles are likely to do, often indicated by (if vehicles have this) its body language. Adding something like this could give the driver a higher sense of security thinking they can just signal and dive into the next lane, having a ready excuse of "couldn't you see my big, extra indicators."
... and there lies one of the worst behaviours on our roads. Motor vehicle drivers just expecting other motor vehicle drivers on the road.
There are a few villages south of me, and into the Cotswolds, where parked vehicles pull out of parking spaces expecting to see horses come up alongside them. That behaviour is conditioned by the local culture and expectation that horses will be using the roads. We are only just seeing the higher number of cyclists out on some of our roads, forcing that behaviour change, but there are still those conflict issues.

It'll be eScooters on the roads next, if the legislation does change later this year.

(Just a small note - I choose all forms of transport to get about and LOVE my van. I cycle more though. I don't want to be seen as 'anti' any-mode of travel. Its all about choice, right?)

Last edited:
It is the stupidity of being taught to drive by computer! The indicator is a signal of the driver’s intention.....the kids should be taught that the clue is in the name! It isn’t a declaration of a right or an authority to proceed! How often have we heard “but i signalled/indicated!” The driver may only proceed when they have deemed it safe to do so! (I’ll get off my soapbox now!!!)

... and there lies one of the worst behaviours on our roads. Motor vehicle drivers just expecting other motor vehicle drivers on the road.
There are a few villages south of me, and into the Cotswolds, where parked vehicles pull out of parking spaces expecting to see horses come up alongside them. That behaviour is conditioned by the local culture and expectation that horses will be using the roads. We are only just seeing the higher number of cyclists out on some of our roads, forcing that behaviour change, but there are still those conflict issues.

It'll be eScooters on the roads next, if the legislation does change later this year.

(Just a small note - I choose all forms of transport to get about and LOVE my van. I cycle more though. I don't want to be seen as 'anti' any-mode of travel. Its all about choice, right?)
I swear some drivers think they are driving the support / camera cars on the Tour de France, driving 1m off the bikes rear wheel.
Partly to blame IMO are the TV commercials showing the latest SUV stopping in 2m when the cute deer runs across the road while junior plays in the back on his IPad safe in the knowledge that his wise father has chosen the best car on the planet.

I swear some drivers think they are driving the support / camera cars on the Tour de France, driving 1m off the bikes rear wheel.
Partly to blame IMO are the TV commercials showing the latest SUV stopping in 2m when the cute deer runs across the road while junior plays in the back on his IPad safe in the knowledge that his wise father has chosen the best car on the planet.
Those commercials just suggest to me that idiots do procreate and breed!

Back