LED Rope wing mirror indicators [Resolved]

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
So my LED light rope turned up this morning which I plan to use on my mirrors as a replacement for LED lights that I installed.

They come with a transformer, see image which converts 240v to 12v, my question is if I remove the connectors should I be able to wire the LED light rope straight into the vans electrics?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep i have with mine only thing I found is that some are a bit sensitive when the alternator is charging so if you want them working with the engine running you could fit a 12v rectifier too but it’s not necessary

Yeah, I am replacing the LED’s that I used as the rope is way brighter and a much better amber colour.
Did look at your post but I am not confident I could do that mod. Next best thing.

Last edited:
If you experience any issues with them when engine is running you may need to consider reading my thread, see below.

12V LED Strip Neon Rope Light Dimmable 2835 120leds/m 6mm Neon Flex Waterproof Flexible Neon Sign Lights 1m 2m 3m 4m 5m 7 Colrs via Aliexpress. @Gavinda

Last edited:
Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no... it's ok when they're off or if I blink my eyes at the same rate.:thumbsup:
You just know some blind twonk will still fail to see you turning in front of them though.

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no... it's ok when they're off or if I blink my eyes at the same rate.:thumbsup:
You just know some blind twonk will still fail to see you turning in front of them though.
Yeah true, there will always be one tosser who is blind.

Is this not distracting you at night when switched ON?
I thought they would but they work really well. Not too bright either. I love them.

Last edited:
No doubt will confuse the doggers so you’d better have a special offering with signals like that

Yep i have with mine only thing I found is that some are a bit sensitive when the alternator is charging so if you want them working with the engine running you could fit a 12v rectifier too but it’s not necessary
Mine work fine engine running or not thankfully as I have not got a scooby what a rectifier is :oops:

Back