LED DRL turning off with low beam

Matty2104

Hi guys,
After replacing a faulty BCM with a (second hand) one I am running into a few issues.

Originally when I switched my Full LED headlamps to low beam, the DRL LED strips stayed on.
Now they turn off and only the low/high beam stays on.
I hate this.

I have of course copied my original BCM coding from the unit to the new one, but it seems that it is not affecting the lights. The adaptation has no options to change that similarly to "dimming" LED with turn signals.
I have that option set on. This works as expected.

Not sure if connected to that, once I turn the main beam on, I get an error for short circuit on a Plus connector. I was not getting that with the original BCM.

And last but not least, now I am unable to adapt my fob keys at all. I have went through guides here at the forum, followed steps on Ross-Tech wiki, but the keys never confirm coding with hazard lights.
Would you have any recommendations please? I am tempted to try resetting the Byte 18 in 09 CE unit, but it set to my original value, so I see no reason to reset.

Thank you all

Is the BCM part number, hardware and software identical?

Reactions: mmi
Hi Dav-Tec, thanks for you reply. Part number is the same, that was the main number how I was searching for a replacement. In VCDS the numbers are same in both, only the S/N is of course different.

So the suffix at the end is the same. Ends 090 then either nothing or a letter?

Back