LED headlight fault [Resolved]

Replacement BCM is the next step.
I think I have never seen physical failure of a BCM unit before.

Have you checked your local pricing options?
Are you considering new or second hand BCM?

If you go ahead with a D revision, you need to take into account the additional cost of getting your key fobs remote function paired.

7E0937090B and 7E0937090C have the same functionality as 7E0937090D and remote key fob can be paired with a VCDS.
Additionally, as I have mentioned before, the software on B and C can be updated to revision D and remote pairing method remains as it was originally.

Just done this as don’t have ability to pull the pin from BCM connector.
Good news no continuity to earth on yellow/black LHS dip feed.

I could cut the wire back from BCM and reconnect everything.. Then if I get just the 3v on the supply with rest of circuit isolated I’ll know it’s the BCM??

Thoughts?

I also get same fault codes during test with yellow/ black downstream system disconnected at BCM

Have you actually disconnected BCM plugs?
Have you opened the BCM plug A?
Can you show us some photos of same?

Hi Robert,

Yes I had to disconnect the BCM plugs to get the module out the way so I could cut the yellow / black wire to isolate the loom and lighting circuit.

I am away in Wales at the moment
But can take some photos of the connectors etc tomorrow. Access is an issue due to dash, so it’s like being a surgeon when I was splicing the wire..

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Small update… I’ve managed to find a secondhand type C BCM for good money so I’ve bought it and can always sell on if it doesn’t end up being the BCM.

Question ref battery drain.. I’ve had a couple low battery voltage codes thrown, so I’ve recently charged the battery and done a recent 6hr trip to Wales and back.
On return I tried the charger again and the battery took a load of charge which was a suprise.

Before I spend money on a new battery I just checked current draw with the van off and I am getting 1.1A over the combined to main + cables. Seems high and would explain battery storage drop.

Any ideas on what normal current would be expected on a static T6? Assuming radio memory, alarm etc pull something.
I’ll start pulling fuses when I get time at the weekend, but thought I’d ask you now.

Seems like I have more gremlins aswell as the headlight..!

Thanks

Can you confirm that you have transferred your coding and adaptations?
Did you get your keys paired?
What fault codes are you getting now?
Complete VCDS AUTOSCAN would be the best.

Regarding battery drain, check out Matti's posts.
Did you close all the doors and lock the van (including bonnet latch) for the measurement? Otherwise BCM stays alive quite some time.
In the picture the multimeter is at AC-current, or? 9 mA would be abnormally low for T6.
Typical/normal drain/quiescent current for T6 is 30-40 mA - for a locked van.
Have you checked fault codes - the battery management will trigger a fault code for excessive drain (at approx. 50 mA continuous).

You mean it won't crank?

What's the voltage next morning - after 12 hour rest? Can you get the reading without unlocking the van?

After locking the van the current should go down to 30-40mA in approx. 60 seconds.

Perhaps something useful here:

Has the new battery been fully charged at some point?

Can you get a "scan" of van's BCM and Battery management (controllers 09 and 61)? I'm to see curious what's the software version of them?

Hi all,

Positive update to say the root cause was the BCM.
I’ve had the type C replacement coded in today and it has resolved the headlight issue.

Thank you to all comments and especially Robert for the level of support and guidance.
Very much appreciated

I spoke too soon….. :-(

They’ve got the headlight issue sorted by fitting a replacement type C BCM (original was a D type)

Just received a call prior to collection to say they can’t get the central locking key fobs to register with the replacement BCM..!
Apparently all the immobiliser elements work, but cant unlock / lock doors.

Any ideas guys?

I am going to have to collect it today as need the van for my daily, but will have to lock with key lock until sorted.

• Sad
Reactions: Jlo
Would anyone have software download for version ‘D’ BCM?

Hoping that changing the replacement C unit to version D software (as per what came with 69 plate van) will allow it to see the key fobs.

If you want to upgrade go for the highest version -> E .
I will send it to you directly later on.
Just remembered to keep driver's door open during the upload.

Please remember that 7E0 BCMs up to and including version C stick to the orginal way of remote key fob learning method after the software upgrade to version D or E.

Please remember that 7E0 BCMs up to and including version C stick to the orginal way of remote key fob learning method after the software upgrade to version D or E.
Thanks Robert.
All sorted today with the E version software update

Great support by ‘Retrofit South West’ based in Saltash, Cornwall. Highly recommend Jamie’s services.

Also got to meet @Pauly

Back