LED headlight fault [Resolved]

You could do another voltage check.
It might be easier, before accessing the BCM. There is a 14 pin plug/socket setup linking wiring from the BCM to the LHS headlamp.

Turn your wheels fully left.
Remove fog light access cover on THE RIGHT. Just above your RHS fog light you will see two big connectors. The one closer to the front is what you are looking for. Check voltage on PIN 6.
20230416_134212.jpg20230416_134230.jpg20230416_134434.jpg

You could do another voltage check.
It might be easier, before accessing the BCM. There is a 14 pin plug/socket setup linking wiring from the BCM to the LHS headlamp.

Turn your wheels fully left.
Remove fog light access cover on THE RIGHT. Just above your RHS fog light you will see two big connectors. The one closer to the front is what you are looking for. Check voltage on PIN 6.
View attachment 196041View attachment 196042View attachment 196043
You are a star Robert, I like the sound of that first before heading into the BCM.

Unfortunately I am hitting the road for work, but as soon as I am back later in the week I’ll get on it and update you.

Thanks again

Update….
Decided to be late for work

Voltage on pin 6 on offside fog light connector is the same low reading.

EA9DEC9D-DDC8-4D11-BD65-37CD6A63146E.jpeg

I guess that proves the loom from there to nearside headlamp is sound.

Must be either BCM or loom from BCM to fog light connector..

Voltage on pin 6 on offside fog light connector is the same low reading.
As your multimeter seems to have frequency measurement - next time please flip the switch also to "Hz" - I would expect to see 100 Hz then. Anyways, not sure how that would help here at all.

As your multimeter seems to have frequency measurement - next time please flip the switch also to "Hz" - I would expect to see 100 Hz then. Anyways, not sure how that would help here at all.
Thank you,

I think once I’ve proven continuity on pin 6 on the final loom leg to BCM it will either be a loom issue or ultimately a new BCM

Reactions: mmi
You are nearly there.
Go on, go on, go on...

I couldn’t wait, so thanks for the encouragement.

Just done resistance check between nearside dip beam pin 2 output of BCM plug A to headlight connector pin 6 and I am getting
0.3 ohms, so loom must be all good??

B2C21422-CBD7-4C4C-A2ED-355321E6312D.jpeg

Does that mean a new BCM or is there anything else?
I guess we proved the neg by using the batt - earlier on with pin 6 voltage check.

Do new BCMs require coding?

Thanks

F82728F1-B346-4D89-80EC-8B04026A95A6.jpeg

I'm afraid that the keyfobs can't be coded with VCDS for the D-version (7E0 937 090 D)

I'm afraid that the keyfobs can't be coded with VCDS for the D-version (7E0 937 090 D)

Sorry.. confused, what does that mean for my situation where it looks like I need to replace my BCM?
What wider issues am I going to encounter as I assume there is a solution when these modules need changing?

Thanks

Sorry.. confused, what does that mean for my situation where it looks like I need to replace my BCM?
What wider issues am I going to encounter as I assume there is a solution when these modules need changing?

Thanks
To get BCM fully coded dealer tools are needed (for adapting the keyfobs to the BCM). Everything else could be done with e.g VCDS tool - however, not sure it would ease the job at all if a dealer visit is needed in any case.

To get BCM fully coded dealer tools are needed (for adapting the keyfobs to the BCM). Everything else could be done with e.g VCDS tool - however, not sure it would ease the job at all if a dealer visit is needed in any case.
Understood, thank you for clarifying.
So it looks like I am stuck with local VW dealer to supply, fit and code the BCM / keys etc?

Back