Lazer Lamps

@shropschris If you can make furniture, you can saw out a section of grille using supplied templates and plug in a pre-wired relay and harness. I'm just outside Craven Arms if yours is a T6 and you want a hand.

@Dannyb6467 Yours is a 6.1 with LEDs? Yours needs some sort of extra module that I don't understand.

@shropschris If you can make furniture, you can saw out a section of grille using supplied templates and plug in a pre-wired relay and harness. I'm just outside Craven Arms if yours is a T6 and you want a hand.

@Dannyb6467 Yours is a 6.1 with LEDs? Yours needs some sort of extra module that I don't understand.
Yes mine is t6 h4 lights I take it they were easy enough to fit bud ? Thanks very much for the offer I may take you up if I get stuck .Hey which version did you go for

Fitting is simple. I've got the R750, without the position lights.

Correct bud, T6.1 with LEDs
I should have moved sooner on these while there was free fitting.
Anyone know the company who are in North Wales...they were the last I heard doing freebies?

Lazer linear 18 elite. Had the same light on my T6 mounted to a stainless holder under the license plate, but as there were not enough support on the bumper cover it vibrated just enough to annoy me. I eventually drilled long self tappers through the license plate mount to the steel bumper under the bumper cover to get some rigidity.

This time we opted to mount it on the plastic honeycone type of bumper beam just under the light, so it doesnt vibrate on bumps. I took the bumper cover when i installed the foglights and the lazer. I find the T6.1 high beams to be almost enough by themselves, but the linear 18 really puts out a nice flood type of light with a range of 300-400m. This low installed it doesnt quite reach the bottom of the ditches next to the road as well as i’d want, so im thinking of installing a light bar on the roof also.

3C18FDAE-E5EF-4AC0-B3FE-F1CBFD90452C.jpeg

B2762C11-F96D-4073-8EBD-081A930C6DCC.jpeg

Lazer linear 18 elite. Had the same light on my T6 mounted to a stainless holder under the license plate, but as there were not enough support on the bumper cover it vibrated just enough to annoy me. I eventually drilled long self tappers through the license plate mount to the steel bumper under the bumper cover to get some rigidity.

This time we opted to mount it on the plastic honeycone type of bumper beam just under the light, so it doesnt vibrate on bumps. I took the bumper cover when i installed the foglights and the lazer. I find the T6.1 high beams to be almost enough by themselves, but the linear 18 really puts out a nice flood type of light with a range of 300-400m. This low installed it doesnt quite reach the bottom of the ditches next to the road as well as i’d want, so im thinking of installing a light bar on the roof also.

View attachment 142318

View attachment 142312
So you have obscured the front radar then?

and both my photNot your photos then..
If you're talking about the ACC radar, neither of my vans have it. PDC in both vans was unobstructed. Pretty sure i would've noticed the radar when i had to cut through the inner grill where the radar is mounted. ;)

Last edited:
The radar sensor is right under the front grille badge ?
Thought all vans have it now for city emergency braking ?

If you're talking about the ACC radar, neither of my vans have it. PDC in both vans was unobstructed. Pretty sure i would've noticed the radar when i had to cut through the inner grill where the radar is mounted. ;)
City braking and acc use the radar.
This is what I'm referring to.
1642602777986.png

City braking and acc use the radar.
This is what I'm referring to.
View attachment 142365
Yep this is also what i meant. Factory optional that comes with ACC, which this van doesn't have. Most of the vans sold in Finland are barebone models, aimed for builders plumbers etc, as cost saving as possible. This van was a 4Motion campaign model though, but lacked many of the options i wanted. I've also retrofitted the fog lights shown on the photo, as they were not part of the campaign either. I think i would've seen the square radar unit when the bumper was off and i made a hole for the led bar in the inner skeleton grill where the radar is mounted, cutting through the radar holding part. Just because every van has the covering plate for the radar doesn't mean theres actually a radar underneath it. Trust me, i've searched, theres no grill without the radar covering plate. I also looked into retrofitting the ACC before deciding to mount the Lazer where it sits now. I'll take a final photo of the front if this keeps haunting you guys

Edit. Bare in mind, the lazer is cut inside the grill, not in front of the grill, sits flush with the grill, so there is physically no room for a radar unit as the lazer itself is what, 5-7cm deep and is sitting where the would be radar is to be situated.

Last edited:
In the UK all vehicles have city emergency braking as a minimum thought it was everywhere but clearly not

In the UK all vehicles have city emergency braking as a minimum thought it was everywhere but clearly not
We are a bit behind the development on pedestrian safety in nordic countries. We are using whats called natural selection as a city emergency braking system. Less forgiving, but helps keep the population filled with alert people only :laugh: Jokes aside, its a shame we have always gotten the stripped versions of every vehicle imported. I guess thats why 2nd hand importing from germany and europe has been in great success always. So many of the center european standards are optional extras here.

Last edited:
I found the stickers that came with the lights when I was having a bit of a sort out. I'm not one for stickers, but thought I'd see if I could find somewhere for them to go. I needed to trim the bottom line of text off, but I think they look OK... for a bit.

20220129_163939.jpg20220129_164014.jpg

Back