Kombi camper conversion

Got the heated seats connected up today, just in time for the winter
R&R bed ordered from Rusty Lee's and will be fitted next month........would like to think it's almost finished but the list it's getting longer rather than shorter...... :rolleyes:

Obligatory T6 license plate added.....thanks to my Mrs for the xmas gift ;)

View attachment 99058
Got the heated seats connected up today, just in time for the winter
R&R bed ordered from Rusty Lee's and will be fitted next month........would like to think it's almost finished but the list it's getting longer rather than shorter...... :rolleyes:
Is your bed fitted yet. Would love to see photo showing space available underneath. Can't decide between Exploria Kombi Bed or Rusty Lees

Swapped the factory H4 headlights for H7's today
Not the best job at this time of year when your laid on your back on a concrete drive
Done though and am happy with the results
Led's fitted in the drl's & side lights along with Night Breakers in the main & full beam

20210117_125758.jpg

20210117_144017.jpg

20210117_162812.jpg

20210117_162929.jpg

Rock & roll bed supplied & fitted by Rusty Lee's.....well impressed
Next it's off to Spartan upholstery to get it measured up to match the front seats

I've added the photos you wanted @Another planet, there's nothing underneath that will get in the way of storage, I'll be adding some ply & carpet lining under there with some panels for access

20210122_134918.jpg

20210122_145452.jpg

20210122_145519.jpg

20210122_145530.jpg

20210122_145657.jpg

20210122_145702.jpg

Last edited:
Also fitted the spare wheel replacement after the original got nicked :mad:
Added a locking bolt & security shroud to hopefully stop it happening again

20210122_150706.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Swapped the factory H4 headlights for H7's today
Not the best job at this time of year when your laid on your back on a concrete drive
Done though and am happy with the results
Led's fitted in the drl's & side lights along with Night Breakers in the main & full beam

View attachment 99069

View attachment 99070

View attachment 99071

View attachment 99072
Ok
Rock & roll bed supplied & fitted today by Rusty Lee's.....well impressed
Off to Spartan upholstery tomorrow to get it measured up to match the front seats

I've added the photos you wanted @Another planet, there's nothing underneath that will get in the way of storage, I'll be adding some ply & carpet lining under there with some panels for access

View attachment 99677

View attachment 99678

View attachment 99679

View attachment 99680

View attachment 99681

View attachment 99682
Thank you very much. Looks fabulous. More space than I realised - for snowboards, paddleboards & lots of other toys. Did you get crash tested or non?

Non tested, it will hardly ever be used as a seat as both my kids have thier own cars so couldn't justify spending the extra
Spoke to Rusty Lee's at the time of ordering and they assured me this is just as well made, just not as heavy gauge metal
Plus the tested version is higher at the back so by the time I've got headrests in I wouldn't see out of the rear window

Non tested, it will hardly ever be used as a seat as both my kids have thier own cars so couldn't justify spending the extra
Spoke to Rusty Lee's at the time of ordering and they assured me this is just as well made, just not as heavy gauge metal
Plus the tested version is higher at the back so by the time I've got headrests in I wouldn't see out of the rear window
Those photos show loads of space - leaning towards Rusty Lee now. Just noticed you had rear windows put in. Trying to decide whether to have them or not. Are you very happy. All the light and views must be fabulous

That's exactly why I had them cut out, was gonna go for the fake ones just for show, but decided as I'm not having a full camper the extra light would be nice, plus when your parked up and sat in the back you wouldn't be able to see out
The guy who did them said it would be same price whichever I decided as it's only 10mins work, so I went for them cutting out
Obviously though, if you have a full camper you would probably have cupboards in the rear, so fake windows would be best

That's exactly why I had them cut out, was gonna go for the fake ones just for show, but decided as I'm not having a full camper the extra light would be nice, plus when your parked up and sat in the back you wouldn't be able to see out
The guy who did them said it would be same price whichever I decided as it's only 10mins work, so I went for them cutting out
Obviously though, if you have a full camper you would probably have cupboards in the rear, so fake windows would be best
Going for full width bed - no cupboards - going to check price with guys doing the work now. Thank you very much for info

Rock & roll bed supplied & fitted by Rusty Lee's.....well impressed
Next it's off to Spartan upholstery to get it measured up to match the front seats

View attachment 99677

View attachment 99678

View attachment 99679

View attachment 99680

View attachment 99681

View attachment 99682
Sorry to bother you again but could you possibly tell me measurement of space from floor to bottom of metal bar when extended? Trying to figure out if I could fit a fridge underneath when extended. Have you chosen a fridge yet? Figured out where to put it? Thank you very much.

I dont think I'm having a fridge under there, for the amount of camping I'll be doing I'm just going to get a cool box as I don't want a fridge in there all year round just for a dozen or so uses
This link is the type of thing I'm intending to do under mine......this guy has a dometic slide out fridge under his bed if you check his other vids....

I'll add the measurements later :thumbsup:

Sorry to bother you again but could you possibly tell me measurement of space from floor to bottom of metal bar when extended? Trying to figure out if I could fit a fridge underneath when extended. Have you chosen a fridge yet? Figured out where to put it? Thank you very much.
These are the measurements with it laid into a bed
The higher measure is where the foot of the bed is
The lower measure is the frame (that's what you'll have for storage/fridge)
Last 2 photos show how much space you have left when its flat

20210123_130839.jpg

20210123_130909.jpg

20210123_130951.jpg

20210123_131000.jpg

Last edited:
Engine & battery cover fitted today
Wasn't sure I could justify the cost for 2 bits of plastic, but the before & after does make a big difference so am glad I did it

20210205_114638.jpg

20210205_121342.jpg

Back