Kombi camper conversion

Picked these California swivel captain seats up on Ebay, well impressed with them, have dropped them off at Spartan Upholstery for a re trim with Recaro upgrade
Looking forward to getting them back & fitted

Screenshot_20201012-231042_eBay.jpg

Yes, they'll go straight in, I didn't pay that for them though, the guy was starting the auction at that price - I had to pay £900 in the end
Still cheap compared to most, but will have cost me over £2,000 by time I get them back from trimmers
This van is gonna end up more than my 1st house :eek:

Few more bits done last week
Rear quarter windows cut out, lowered on H&R springs, roof bars fitted, front splitter added to the sportline bumper
That's just about as far as I'm going with external stuff for now
Will maybe upgrade headlights & add drl's to the grille at a later date but need to get the inside sorted first

20201013_091952.jpg

20201013_092002.jpg

I’ve just thought @Superowls (being a Sheffield lad myself) Is that the correct colour van for you if you support who I assume you support?! :sneaky:

Don't you start......I've had no end of grief since I bought it :rolleyes:

Tbf, I would rather have blue, but at the price, spec & mileage I got this at I am prepared to take some stick...

I draw the line at postman pat jokes tho :oops:

Don't you start......I've had no end of grief since I bought it :rolleyes:

Tbf, I would rather have blue, but at the price, spec & mileage I got this at I am prepared to take some stick...

I draw the line at postman pat jokes tho :oops:
Ha ha ha! I’ve got no need to talk mate, I’m part of the ‘other side’ and my last van was blue!
anyway who cares, Your vans a beast and your happy with it. Jobs a good’n.
Still keeping my eye out for you. May have seen you the other day

Seen your at Dronfield, may have been me as I was down Dronfield bypass last week, went for the springs & rear windows fitting at a VW place in Chesterfield

Where in chezvegas did you go?
live in Dronfield now but grew up in Sheffield and still work there. Middlewood road in Hillsborough in fact! Saw a mean red T6 out of the corner of my eye last week at top of eccie road.

I'm from Hillsborough so may well see you about :thumbsup:
I went to VW Bi Design, just round the corner from Harley Davidson place, can't fault thier work & prices and they've got loads of genuine spares on site
They do anything with Transporters, they're just in middle of putting an Audi engine into a T5, will be interesting when it's done

Overhead ambient light unit & footwell lights fitted - both bought on here from @saxoboy, well recommended upgrades
I swapped the standard bulbs out for non flickering led's and it makes a massive difference at night
Nice, bright white.....instead of dim & yellow

20201015_184237.jpg

Last edited:
Got the ply batons & silent coat down in last couple of days, also removed the jack bracket & painted over and fitted a door store - this will be carpeted at same time as the rest is done
Picking up the one piece ply floor on Monday

20201017_173351.jpg

20201017_173358.jpg

Got the one piece floor today.....excellent service from CPL, the company that I was going to use told me there was a 2 week wait (even though they said they had them in stock last week) so I called CPL and they did me one the same day, also did a set of side panels - they even put me some holes in the rear quarters for the slam vents when I asked for it. Top service, and all in for £140
Definitely recommend

20201020_193601.jpg

20201020_195508.jpg

Got the one piece floor today.....excellent service from CPL, the company that I was going to use told me there was a 2 week wait (even though they said they had them in stock last week) so I called CPL and they did me one the same day, also did a set of side panels - they even put me some holes in the rear quarters for the slam vents when I asked for it. Top service, and all in for £140
Definitely recommend

View attachment 88746

View attachment 88748
What floor covering are you going with?
Definitely recommend

View attachment 88746

View attachment 88748
what floor covering are you going with?

Depending on the RnR bed you fit, you can get plenty of stuff in under the seats. We've always used RIB beds and you can fold them as a bed, allowing full width/length load space (not height though obviously) and narrow enough stuff slides between the legs, giving full van length. Currently have a 3 seat 130cm wide RIB, which leaves 26cm free alongside the bed (wheel arch aside).
Doesn't look like the pic anymore, as added kitchen, bed boards etc.
RECS: I've had work done in the past by Vamoose, not far from Sheffield. DIY this time around.
View attachment 85786
You can fit a kitchen in alongside a 130?

What floor covering are you going with?

what floor covering are you going with?
I was always going to have a good quality carpet for the bare feet first thing in morning, but have just ordered some Altro in dark Grey
Not very adventurous but hopefully it's the right decision

9ECA0F89-0233-493C-BC09-79DF3222D1AB.jpeg
snap. I went for the walkway Altro in ‘coal’ looks dead smart, nice fleck in it under lights. Really tough durable stuff. You can get pre cut ones, I went for a standard 2m by 2.5m length and cut to size using the floor out of my old van as a template. If you do have to trim it make sure you get plenty of hook knife blades for the Stanley. This stuff eats them!!

Think that's the exact one I've ordered, does it have a rough/textured finish?
I didn't want a smooth finish as I imagine any shopping, etc on the floor will be sliding round like a skating rink when you're driving

Back