Kombi camper conversion

You can fit a kitchen in alongside a 130?
Not exactly, the kitchen 'pod' bit sits across the back of the drivers seat.
Evomotion Evo Pro 1300
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 00.18.09.png

Pic from the website, not mine. I just went with the front section, so no rear tall unit or overbid. DIYed a bed height bench to make the rear of the bed full width, which has water bottle and gas under it.

It is rough yes.
Think that's the exact one I've ordered, does it have a rough/textured finish?
I didn't want a smooth finish as I imagine any shopping, etc on the floor will be sliding round like a skating rink when you're driving
It is rough yes. My tools still slide around on it so I tend to tie them down to my lashing points. My Shopping normally goes in the passenger footwell! If yours is the same stuff, when you come to fit it make sure you warm it up a bit either indoors or with a hair dryer etc in the back of the van because it’s very rigid when cold. And a pain in the arse to unroll.

It is rough yes.

It is rough yes. My tools still slide around on it so I tend to tie them down to my lashing points. My Shopping normally goes in the passenger footwell! If yours is the same stuff, when you come to fit it make sure you warm it up a bit either indoors or with a hair dryer etc in the back of the van because it’s very rigid when cold. And a pain in the arse to unroll.
Thanks for the heads up, I've not kept my lashing points so not got that option
I'll use this as the main reason that we have to use the wifes car for shopping, etc & keep the van for more important stuff ;)

Btw.....just finishing off my silent coat and dodo mat today, just got roof & tailgate left - did you put any silent coat in tailgate, I don't want it to start sagging with extra weight, I know I can upgrade the struts but if it's going to overload it I was going to skip the silent coat and just fit dodo mat?

Thanks for the heads up, I've not kept my lashing points so not got that option
I'll use this as the main reason that we have to use the wifes car for shopping, etc & keep the van for more important stuff ;)

Btw.....just finishing off my silent coat and dodo mat today, just got roof & tailgate left - did you put any silent coat in tailgate, I don't want it to start sagging with extra weight, I know I can upgrade the struts but if it's going to overload it I was going to skip the silent coat and just fit dodo mat?
Just use small bits in the middle - diminishing returns to add more anyway

I covered the tailgate as much as I could with dodo hex mat and super liner on top. You can tell there is more weight in there when closing the tailgate but certainly not enough to make it struggle on the struts. It’s now super satisfying to close, it sounds like a golf boot closing!
I think my Mrs gets my van and the bin lorry mixed up, if I turn my back for 5 minutes she fills it with crap

:D
I've used 2 sheets of silent coat & dodo liner spread around the tailgate and it's not made and difference to the struts.......relieved :thumbsup:

If you want to be sure, open the tailgate and see what you can pile on top before it starts to sag. Remember the struts are less effective when cold (or is that just mine?)

If you want to be sure, open the tailgate and see what you can pile on top before it starts to sag. Remember the struts are less effective when cold (or is that just mine?)
That's a good tip, I've done it now and all seems fine :thumbsup:
Just took the roof down to do the soundproofing.....the little clips that hold the joint strip up are a pig - every one snapped and now I've got little bits of plastic rattling round the voids :mad:

If you haven’t already get yourself a trim removal kit. Worth a 10er for future mods you will end up doing in the future.

Got the ply batons & silent coat down in last couple of days, also removed the jack bracket & painted over and fitted a door store - this will be carpeted at same time as the rest is done
Picking up the one piece ply floor on Monday

View attachment 88407

View attachment 88408

carefull with the side door storage, if anything hangs out a bit, itll mark side of van, my two daughters had dvds stashed in there, and managed to put a scrape down the side panel, as they were hanging outa bit

carefull with the side door storage, if anything hangs out a bit, itll mark side of van, my two daughters had dvds stashed in there, and managed to put a scrape down the side panel, as they were hanging outa bit
Ouch....sorry to hear that pal, i have already told anyone that it's only for storing sponges...or flumps, etc - nothing that even looks like it might scratch :thumbsup:

Silent coat layer is done - for anyone who might do this and wants to know how much to buy -

I bought 2 bulk boxes and have 6 sheets left - so 74 sheets in total, that's for floor, roof and all panels - I have windows all round though so if you don't you will need more for the top half
Hopefully the 6 sheets I have left will do the cab doors when I get round to it
Also bought 12 sheets of dodo liner for extra sound & heat insulation and will be adding fleece liner before the panels go back on

Last edited:
You getting the wheel arches done? Makes a huge difference.
I was going to but didn't want to spoil the look of the carpet lining if I didn't get it perfect....bit of OCD
Was thinking of doing it on the outside under the liner at a later date

Flat bottom steering wheel fitted, was in 2 minds wether to do it or not after hearing loads of stories about buttons not working or airbag not fitting, etc
So made sure I bought the right wheel that was compatible and was a 5 min job, everything works as it did before.....result :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

20201027_150654.jpg

Also got the carpet lining done, Altro flooring, suedeliner roof, led lighting with 2 in tailgate
Rear speakers fitted and pods carpeted to match
Quite a bit in the first month of having it, but am happy with how it's going

20201027_160110.jpg

20201027_160333.jpg

20201027_160342.jpg

20201027_160358.jpg

20201027_160406.jpg

Am wanting to add a halo type roof border with led strip lights.....does anyone know of any off the shelf kits?

Back