Knowing your s**t or knowing you're s**t

Also, the "can I get a..." annoys me too.

"Can I get a flat white thanks? (should that be please?)
" No, you stay on your side of the counter and I'll get it for you."

That’s what I want to say to people when I hear them saying it. :D

we might be able to put in an auto-translate to swap it out.

Nooooo, that’s another one,
No, you’re not going to “swap out” your tyres, you’re going to change them. :think smile bounce:

Being dyslexic I don’t really put it high on life’s agenda tbh, i maybe chastised for this comment but I do find it slightly offensive some people don’t know or care really,

No offence intended to anyone.. I struggled myself with reading and writing at school for a long time so I certainly don't want to upset anyone who has dyslexia.
Believe it or not, I am actually quite dyslexic, but I can spot a spelling or grammar mistake a mile off. I have learnt over the years to properly proofread and double-check what I have typed.
More recently, being able to dictate and then just fix the auto-correct errors can be very productive.

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic Pimp? He bought a warehouse... :)

If we are moving towards BBB (Business Bullshit Bingo) then I really hate:
Deep Dive
Let's do this
I own this
Outside the envelope
Square the Circle

Reactions: Jlo
If we are moving towards BBB (Business Bullshit Bingo) then I really hate:
Deep Dive
Let's do this
I own this
Outside the envelope
Square the Circle

Low hanging fruit
Going forward
What's your bandwidth
Steak in the ground (stake)

Last edited:
I have managed to stop myself from engaging.
This thread is going off the scale! It’s bringing out the best in people, lots of ribbing and leg-pulling. It’s also providing a much-needed antidote to all the crud going on. I saw it referenced in another thread as “too busy on laughing gas about the Queen’s English!”

So, come on it! It’s lovely in here! You know you want to!

(References changed to referenced by @Loz) :)

This thread is going off the scale! It’s bringing out the best in people, lots of ribbing and leg-pulling. It’s also providing a much-needed antidote to all the crud going on. I saw it references in another thread as “too busy on laughing gas about the Queen’s English!”

Sumut must ave JOGged your memory.

This thread is going off the scale! It’s bringing out the best in people, lots of ribbing and leg-pulling. It’s also providing a much-needed antidote to all the crud going on. I saw it referenced in another thread as “too busy on laughing gas about the Queen’s English!”

(References changed to referenced by @Loz) :)
Arse! Spotted it - went back to fix it and you’d beaten me to it!

• Haha
Reactions: Loz
Back