Kiravans Railsail Question...

Daffy

Sold
T6 Guru
I really like the look of the railsail and it seems to be well liked on here so I am poised to push the button and order one but I am looking for a bit of info as Kiravans dont seem to be responding to their contact page (I know i could ring them but when I think about it they are shut!)

We have a multirail and side door on both sides of our T6 and i am thinking that the railsail could be used on both sides of the Van although it would mainly be used on the passenger side.

Due to its shape they make a LHD version for Left Hand drive vans, but for occasional use why couldn’t i just flip it over and fit it to the driver side??

Does anyone have any experience or if you own a railsail can you see any reason why I couldn’t use a left hand sail on the righ side of the van??

I really like the look of the railsail and it seems to be well liked on here so I am poised to push the button and order one but I am looking for a bit of info as Kiravans dont seem to be responding to their contact page (I know i could ring them but when I think about it they are shut!)

We have a multirail and side door on both sides of our T6 and i am thinking that the railsail could be used on both sides of the Van although it would mainly be used on the passenger side.

Due to its shape they make a LHD version for Left Hand drive vans, but for occasional use why couldn’t i just flip it over and fit it to the driver side??

Does anyone have any experience or if you own a railsail can you see any reason why I couldn’t use a left hand sail on the righ side of the van??

Hi
I doesn't need to be flipped just slide it in from the other end!! Yes is not a symmetrical shape but it really doesn't make any real difference.
You could flip it however one side has a seam and would look rather untidy if flipped upside down.
Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20190324-182434__01.jpg Screenshot_20190324-182505__01.jpg

I bought one too
I've not set it up or used it yet

When my hilo was fitted I asked them to fit me two rails (got from FUNKY LEISURE) to each side of the van, I plan to just slide in from other end if I wanna use drivers side as slider is passenger. Just made sense to add rails to both sides at same time as roof went in.
Sail does look a very versatile bit of kit

Brilliant, thanks for the help guys, that’s another wedge of cash spent on the van then...

Not sure it will ever end:)

Bit late but yes, it will fit on either side of the van. I find it works best with 4 poles like @$immo above

No, they are waterproof, @Ed Webb has a video of mine in Bala last year

Completely agree, waterproof. After 1 year I did get a few drops through the stitching closest to the van. But a rub of seam sealant (nikwax) and it stopped.

Other than that it gushes off if angled correctly.

I bought 4 robens adjustable poles for £27 delivered, they were used but like new - eBay.

Just need my sail now ;)

Thanks for the info, my biggest worry would be the wind blows under the sail lifting the poles out of the ground and into the van, has this ever happened? Or is it designed to stop this happening? Thanks

Thanks for the info, my biggest worry would be the wind blows under the sail lifting the poles out of the ground and into the van, has this ever happened? Or is it designed to stop this happening? Thanks
We’ve used similar tarps when camping before and there will always be a risk of lifting and poles flying. Best way to avoid is taking appropriate precautions such as double guying, using some decent pegs (we always used to carry a few of these for extreme conditions- Delta Ground Anchors and Tent Pegs – the really strong tent peg).

No different to those of us with Fiamma style wind outs - you have to take note of the conditions, pitch accordingly and take down if the weather gets stupidly extreme.

Back